Feedback - Gardening Forums

3 Things

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

Re: 3 Things

Postby Lindamct » Jun 29, 2009 9:11 am

In the Post "Super Tonight" Ron's Dinner doesn't show but I can view B_BQ's.
Lindamct

Postby williamtully » Jun 29, 2009 5:02 pm

Lindamct wrote:1. Why can I not see pictures that some people post, and others I can?

Are you logged in? Ron's pictures are attachements and BB_Q's are inline images - if you are logged in and they still do not show, I'm thinking that it is a setting on your end. I will need more details regarding computer, browser, plugins, etc. in order to be able to help.

Lindamct wrote:2. I can not get the font color grid to open a color for me.

What does this mean exactly? when you click on a colour in the grid, do you see something like:

Code: Select all
[color=#FF0000][/color]

or nothing at all?

Lindamct wrote:3. Why has my avatar size changed?

Changed bigger? Smaller? Since when?

Lindamct wrote:I tend not to spend as much time on this Forum because of the ongoing problems.

For the record, there is one outstanding issue that I am aware of (clicking certain links opens two windows/tabs) and 99% of the issues raised are user/computer specific. I do appreciate the frustration and any specifics in terms of what exactly is going on (read: more information from you) goes a long way to help resolve any issues.
William Tully
Webmaster - WebOps Toronto
Transcontinental Media Inc., Toronto, Ontario
---
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
---
williamtully

Postby Lindamct » Jul 03, 2009 4:06 pm

Hi William:

Sorry I was slow in replying.

My Computer is Windows XP 2002, Home Edition. I used Firefox for a Browser. I know I have several different plug-ins. Shockwave, macromedia, to name a few.

When I click on the "font colour" window, the color grid comes up, but when I click on a color nothing happens now. It doesn't give the color code etc. like you stated.

My Avatar changed about 2 weeks ago or so. It's bigger. It was a Morning Glory vine with several blooms. Now it seems to show a large leafed vine.

I hope we can get this straightened away. I miss not being able to see pictures.
Lindamct

Postby Eeyore » Jul 06, 2009 12:22 am

Linda - I see what looks like marigolds in your avatar. I don't see your morning glories any more.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Lindamct » Jul 06, 2009 9:13 am

Lyn - I don't see anybody's avatar any more. Can't do smiley expressions now either.
Lindamct

Postby williamtully » Jul 06, 2009 9:57 am

Lindamct wrote:Lyn - I don't see anybody's avatar any more. Can't do smiley expressions now either.

Sadly this sounds like an issue related to your computer/browser alone. My only suggestion would be to disable all your addons/extensions, restart firefox, and see if the forums load as they should. If it does, then the issue is likely a setting in one of the extensions. The painful process is then to go in, enable an extension, restart firefox, re-load the forums and see what happens. When the forum doesn't load as it should, that last extension you turned on is likely the culprit.

Now, if the site still loads incorrectly after disabling all the extensions, I would then look to any anti-virus or web filtering software that might be running as it may be blocking certain delivery methods of images and/or scripts (required for things like smileys and colour choices).

Not knowing what software is possibly installed on your system or how it may be setup, everything from this side is pretty much a shot in the dark. If I was experiencing the issue, the first thing I would start with is testing the extensions in FireFox (especially if the forums load ok in Internet Explorer. if the forums don't also load correctly in IE, then it's likely something like anti-virus/webfilter stuff).
William Tully
---
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
---
williamtully

Postby Lindamct » Jul 06, 2009 10:12 am

Where do I find the add ons and extensions?
Lindamct

Postby williamtully » Jul 06, 2009 10:36 am

Lindamct wrote:Where do I find the add ons and extensions?

Tools --> Add-ons --> Extensions (tab)
William Tully
---
---
williamtully

Postby Lindamct » Jul 06, 2009 11:38 am

OK I disabled/restarted/enabled my add ons. Firefox still isn't loading the forum properly.

In Explorer everything is fine. I see all avatars etc.

My Super Anti-Spy Ware is up date, as is Norton and Windows Defender.

Not sure what to do next.
Lindamct

Postby williamtully » Jul 06, 2009 11:49 am

Lindamct wrote:OK I disabled/restarted/enabled my add ons. Firefox still isn't loading the forum properly.

Did you try this:
1. disable all add-ons
2. restart firefox
3. load forums - see if images/etc. work properly again

Need to know if forums load OK without the add-ons enabled. If the forums loads correctly without the add-ons then it is one of them that is causing the issue. if the forums still do not show correctly, then the add-ons can all be enabled as it is something else.
William Tully
---
---
williamtully

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback