Feedback - Gardening Forums

william Tully

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

william Tully

Postby agedgardener2 » Aug 05, 2009 4:06 pm

If ever you have a problem with this forum send a message to "will".He is wonderful and prompt to solve the problems with the forum posting .He waves his magic wand and voila the problem is solved Great for an old doll who can't even remember where she left her cane! JOY
agedgardener2

Re: william Tully

Postby Eeyore » Aug 05, 2009 4:37 pm

I'm going to move this to Feedback to make sure Will sees it Joy. :D
He does do a good job of keeping things running for us doesn't he?
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby agedgardener2 » Aug 06, 2009 11:07 am

Hi William .Why are all my previous posts deleted when I renewed my subscription.? JOY BELYEA
agedgardener2

Postby Sheikea » Aug 06, 2009 11:21 am

"Thumbs Up William"Thank you for a wonderful job well done. :D
Sheikea

Postby Aigle » Aug 09, 2009 11:46 am

I am always amazed by the selflessness of Sysops. (that includes the ones on this forum who monitor and tag).

When you really think about it, many if not most of us are already subscribers, or purchasers of a lot of the products that get inserted as ads so there isn't much of a value-added/long term marketing ploy in online forums.

Sysops seem to me the last remnant of the old-school BBS moderators and in my mind. the backbone of what the internet should be.

Kudos to William and Angus (although, I retain the right to blame Angus for whatever I feel is humourous)
---
Give me library, or give me Death!
Aigle

Postby williamtully » Aug 11, 2009 9:49 am

agedgardener2 wrote:Hi William .Why are all my previous posts deleted when I renewed my subscription.? JOY BELYEA

Subscription renewal and your forums/H&G account have no relation at all (a little known fact to most). For the account you used previous to your subscription renewal, did it have a different username or email address? If it did, please let me know and I can likely re-associate your old posts with your current account.
William Tully
Webmaster - WebOps Toronto
Transcontinental Media Inc., Toronto, Ontario
---
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
---
williamtully
Site Admin

Postby williamtully » Aug 11, 2009 10:03 am

Aigle wrote:I am always amazed by the selflessness of Sysops. (that includes the ones on this forum who monitor and tag).

When you really think about it, many if not most of us are already subscribers, or purchasers of a lot of the products that get inserted as ads so there isn't much of a value-added/long term marketing ploy in online forums.

Sysops seem to me the last remnant of the old-school BBS moderators and in my mind. the backbone of what the internet should be.

Kudos to William and Angus (although, I retain the right to blame Angus for whatever I feel is humourous)[/quote]

SysOps? Wow, now we're going back in time (had a sudden flashback of 'Canada Remote Systems' forums)!

From my perspective, I'm here to support the site with the skills and resources I have available to me. The moderators do a great job in keeping topics on track and making sure that they're in the right forums where they will have the greatest impact.

As far as advertising goes, sadly, 99% of that is completely out of our hands and is also usually a surprise to Angus and I too. Advertising is necessary, however, when ads get out of line and dramatically affect the user experience, Angus is quickly on the case to get it removed or resolved.

Thank you for the kind words (we've come a long way in a year, eh?), and as always, your feedback is important to us.

Cheers,
William Tully
---
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
---
williamtully
Site Admin

Postby agedgardener2 » Aug 11, 2009 5:40 pm

Will My email was *****@hotmail.com before I renewed my subscription .It is now *********@hotmail.com. My password has remained the same. Now you can wave you magic wand and bring back my history. JOY
agedgardener2

Postby williamtully » Aug 12, 2009 8:36 am

agedgardener2 wrote:Will My email was *****@hotmail.com before I renewed my subscription .It is now *********@hotmail.com. My password has remained the same. Now you can wave you magic wand and bring back my history. JOY

Thanks Joy, I'll see what I can do.

P.S. I edited your post to remove your email addresses for spam/security reasons - I have them here now so not to worry.
William Tully
---
---
williamtully
Site Admin

Postby williamtully » Aug 12, 2009 8:43 am

agedgardener2 wrote:Hi William .Why are all my previous posts deleted when I renewed my subscription.? JOY BELYEA

All your posts and private messages from your previous account should now be fully restored. :D

All the best,
William Tully
---
---
williamtully
Site Admin

Next

Return to Feedback