Feedback - Gardening Forums

William

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

Re: William

Postby MareE » Aug 31, 2009 6:27 am

Thanks! Didn't get either, sqwij. Don't know how to open Junk on this Mac's platform if that's even close to correct word. HELP MEEEE!! Sending email via an alternative addy in meantime.

MareE;o}
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby skwij » Aug 31, 2009 8:31 am

Mare, you have to use Safari (or Firefox, or whatever browser you're using) and go to Sympatico's webmail page.

Then you log in with your sympatico email address, and the password (should be in your Internet package they gave you when you signed on with them).

Here's one link:

http://mailsignin.sympatico.ca/home

I find that when I'm expecting an email, and don't get it in a timely manner, it's usually in the Junk folder on Sympatico's servers. The ONLY way to access them is via webmail. Then just be sure to add that sender to your safe list and subsequent emails should land in your Inbox, which is then retrievable by your Mail.app.
skwij

Postby MareE » Sep 01, 2009 10:22 am

Thanks kindly, sqwij! Connection timed out a lot but Fumblefingers here finally got into Junk. Embarrassing how many letters were hiding out that were definitely not supposed to be there, two of which are from William.

Hope you got my reply titled FINALLY at last!

Well, I got some 'splainin' to do to unintentionally "junked" folk now. blushing Early Wonder beet red

MareE;o} the excruciating slow-poke
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby skwij » Sep 01, 2009 9:45 pm

Glad you got it sorted!

I sent another one today, just to let you know ;)

When you're in Sympatico Webmail Junk folder, just tick those messages that you WANT, and then at the top of the page, select "Mark as" and NOT JUNK. You should then get a popup asking if you want that sender to be added to your "safe list", Say YES, and anything from here on in from that sender should then go to the Inbox, which is what your Mac Mail can retrieve.

That should solve the issue of "junked" mails coming from people that you know.

Just be sure and check it every couple of days to be sure!

*I do an iCal event to check webmail, and set it for weekly, so that I get reminders. Be sure to set iCal notification to "message with sound" and/or email*
skwij

Postby MareE » Sep 03, 2009 2:58 pm

skwij wrote:*I do an iCal event to check webmail, and set it for weekly, so that I get reminders. Be sure to set iCal notification to "message with sound" and/or email*

Will do, sqwij, on next rainy day. Now that brain and Mac are de-junked, taking a rest till then. laffs Sure miss the manual and user guide that used to come with Macs. The online HELP doesn't answer all the questions and definitely not during an internet disconnect, natch. You are MUCH superior answerer and troubleshooter. Thanks again!

William should you read this, in JUNK there was a new temporary password you emailed me on the 19th, the day first contacted you. Thank you for tolerating my repeated pleas. Five in all replies I missed from you.

Mare;o}
MareE

Postby williamtully » Sep 08, 2009 9:39 am

MareE wrote:William should you read this, in JUNK there was a new temporary password you emailed me on the 19th, the day first contacted you. Thank you for tolerating my repeated pleas. Five in all replies I missed from you.

Had I been a betting man, I'd be a very wealthy man.. ;)
William Tully
Webmaster - WebOps Toronto
Transcontinental Media Inc., Toronto, Ontario
---
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
---
williamtully

Postby MareE » Sep 08, 2009 10:09 am

LAFF! So how come you CG IT people haven't opened an OTB room on your website yet, William?

Just kidding! I'm betting youse do your wagering on Angus' desk. heh heh

MareE;o}
MareE

Postby williamtully » Sep 08, 2009 10:22 am

HA! We constantly joke about setting up some betting pool software for various things that come along, except we know that it would be too addictive and we'd never get anything done. :shock:
William Tully
Webmaster - WebOps Toronto
Transcontinental Media Inc., Toronto, Ontario
---
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
---
williamtully

Postby MareE » Sep 08, 2009 10:39 am

Aaaah. Wiser to stick to Name My Office Plant games then, guys. LOL

Sunday I was stranded at Sheppard and Yonge waiting in shuttle bus throng Sunday due to TTC mishap. I would've lost bet with total stranger that we'd be there for 3 hours. It was only 74 minutes and stranger had disappeared by then.

Have a good week!

MareE;o} richer by a loonie
MareE

Previous

Return to Feedback