Feedback - Gardening Forums

Attention William

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

Attention William

Postby earwig » Feb 06, 2010 10:23 am

After I suggested that users could put their zone in My Account like mine, I discovered that it can no longer be changed there.

Then I thought it must be My Profile, but it can't be changed there either.

So I have tried each location, and I have remved all cookies AND autofill before trying, and I have tried In explorer and firefox...

After all that, please don't tell me I was just whistling dixie. Ignore what I have in there now as I was just playing around and don't really live in the Yukon. I wanted something to catch my eye if it suddenly worked.

Does this mean I can never move?
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Re: Attention William

Postby kelly_m » Feb 06, 2010 10:43 am

Looks like Zone 5A Nova scotia to me!

Now Why wouldn't you want to be in the Yukon????
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby MareE » Feb 06, 2010 11:42 am

[Cuz Yukon rocks are harder to build garden walls with than her NS rocks, K? :wink: ]

I just changed my avatar photo in Firefox and hit "SAVE" twice for good measure. I add the SAVE part timidly since that's as roood as asking if someone's puter's plugged in. laff

Also, Willy&Co, could our City, Province/State and Hardiness Zone be mandatory as they once were?

MareE hitching a ride on Betty's coattails;o}
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby Laura » Feb 06, 2010 12:26 pm

I changed my avatar and signature this morning no problem.I tried to put my zone in but could not figure out how to do it .... seems to me it was there at one time but I could be wrong
Laura

Postby B_BQ » Feb 06, 2010 12:40 pm

Laura:
Go into User Control Panel > Edit Signature. This is where I put my location and zone.
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Laura » Feb 06, 2010 1:10 pm

B_BQ wrote:Laura:
Go into User Control Panel > Edit Signature. This is where I put my location and zone.
~BBQ

Yes could do but I have a picture and quote there.I was trying to add my province and zone under my avatar.When you go to edit my profile and change your avatar if you scroll down you can enter your province ... I have mine highlighted but it does not show on the forum but my avatar does ... It's a gremlim I guess .... :?
Laura

Postby earwig » Feb 07, 2010 6:09 am

Kelly wrote:Looks like Zone 5A Nova scotia to me!

Under my avatar yes but if you go into My Profile or My Account ( being a mod I assume you have the rights) in My Accounts it is testing for city , Yukon for province/state and under My Profile it is zone a NS in location and neither show that way under my avatar. Or at least that is what I see when I go in.

I was not sure which one it had taken before so thought this might show me.

It is good that it can be put with signature, but not good that it can not be added or changed under the avatar.

Actually, I have always wanted to visit the Yukon area and have never been. I have seen every province except NL and almost made it once, I do plan on visiting NL.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Eeyore » Feb 08, 2010 2:43 pm

I've never been able to get that information to show up either Betty.
Kelly and I can't access your profile or account unless you give us permission and your password. That's how we've managed to help some folks get their avatars posted.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby earwig » Feb 10, 2010 8:49 am

OK Lyn, but does CG know they do not work?
We know once they did so can they be fixed?
If not, could there be a note added to the page that one should not waste there time on them?
I could not find in FAQ anything about Profile or My Account. Did I miss or really nothing there about them?
Since Feedback does not always get answered by CG, is there a better way to contact CG for answers?
Thank you
Betty
earwig

Postby Eeyore » Feb 10, 2010 11:04 am

by williamtully Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:36 am

http://www.canadiangardening.com/contact-us is by far the best place to contact anyone from CG.

William suggests this address Betty. I must confess it's been awhile sine I read the FAQ's so I'm not sure if there is any info or not but I'm assuming that since you didn't see any it probably isn't there.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Next

Return to Feedback