Feedback - Gardening Forums

"subscribe" to a topic?

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

"subscribe" to a topic?

Postby copperbeech » Jun 20, 2010 7:43 am

Am I missing something obvious? That is there a way to get email notification of further posts to a topic w/o having to make a post within it?

And even so I almost never get email notification to a topic for which I have contributed post(s) (of course I have selected Notify me when a reply is posted.)
Last edited by copperbeech on Jun 20, 2010 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
copperbeech

Re: "subscribe" to a topic?

Postby B_BQ » Jun 20, 2010 8:03 am

Hi:
This is a forum-wide problem copperbeech. I don't think anyone is getting e-notys. I haven't had any for weeks, and I've checked, un-checked, and checked again all the necessary boxes!!!!!
I think Canadian Gardening are as frustrated as we are; I'm pretty sure they now realize that they were sold a 'bill of goods' when they probably paid a lot of money to 'fix' a forum that was not broken! How I long for the good old days when everything was so easy. Now it's a 'pain in the Astilbe' for the most part, and it's only because I'm stubborn that I keep coming back here to try to do a bit to keep things going.
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby copperbeech » Jun 20, 2010 8:08 am

Thanks BBQ for the info.

But was it ever possible to subscribe to a topic for which one had not posted?

It is this feature that allows for a very active and healthy forum.
copperbeech

Postby MareE » Jun 21, 2010 6:55 am

B_BQ wrote:I'm pretty sure they now realize that they were sold a 'bill of goods' when they probably paid a lot of money to 'fix' a forum that was not broken! How I long for the good old days when everything was so easy.

DITTO that most heartily, BBQ! I recall new members remarking on the ease of navigation the original format allowed compared to other gardening websites and by then I'd decided to plant myself here, for better or worse, so to speak. :wink:

Yes copperbeech, it was possible to "watch" a topic, and I'm guessing that ended when the second last format change November 2006 was executed(?). You're not imagining things. laff I used that feature a lot, too. A real time-saver. Now I use search engine more than I used to and that seems a little awonk as well, but that could be my imagination so I won't go off on a tangent—yet. ;o}

E-mail notification most definitely must be reinstated. I wonder who DOES receive them lately? I haven't since April 28th. BF, for instance, has been waiting years for an e-notey. :o

More disgruntled than ever,
MareE;o}
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Return to Feedback