Feedback - Gardening Forums

Anyone working on the problems with Forums

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

Re: Anyone working on the problems with Forums

Postby kellymac » Jan 14, 2011 1:41 pm

MareE wrote: :D Y'know, you sound just like a regular poster who is no longer with us, kellymac. Her name was Kelly and she hung out in arenas. I wonder what became of her. laffs

Sorry, Tara. Haven't gotten around to unearthing—I mean reading—all my 2010 magazines. :oops: Gotta see if my fave nursery's in your article too! ;o}

Really???? She sounds like one cool chick!
kellymac

Postby Laura » Jan 15, 2011 7:18 am

The last two days I have not had to sign in with e-mail and password ... :D
Laura

Postby Tony O » Jan 17, 2011 2:14 pm

Well, if they aren't going to take care of things here, (sure seems like they're not) :x why not just transfer everything to a new form where they will???
Tony O

Postby bluewillow » Jan 17, 2011 3:16 pm

I was hoping the I.T. crew would announce that they are or are not working on the problems. Nothing more - nothing less. Glad you are able to sign in Laura ... its the 12 letter password thats the killer ... :lol:
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Postby kellymac » Jan 17, 2011 11:03 pm

As Lyn has already stated, we no longer have an IT person per se. Tara is our forum Administrator and any questions or problems that we send to her directly will then be sent on to the tech people who will then have to prioritize it, I am sure.

We need to remember that in this day and age, recessions and money savings, PERHAPS ( and this is merely a thought from my head) Transcontinental has had to do some downsizing or job shifting.

Despite what we, the users of this free forum think, they have a business to run....a business that is much larger than our little community called the forums.

I for one, prefer living in a small community with lots of imperfections than be part of a large error free, perfect, God-like citified forum.

You know what they used to say, way back when computers were first coming to our homes....A computer is only as smart as the users. :lol:

We're all only human after all.
kellymac

Postby Laura » Jan 18, 2011 7:20 am

I think it is just the natural impulse for we humans to complain ... even I on occasion gripe a little.Really I love the forums,sure they could work better but they don't so I for one am grateful they are here.

Without them the days would be long and not nearly as interesting without friends who encourage,relate news,tell awesome stories,share about family and show off and educate us all about plants and gardening ... with a little seriousness thrown in too.

I know Tara is working hard and the tech team is too and I wish them all the best in their toughest of tasks ....

Thanks to our moderators to ... who have to listen to our whining over and over again ... :)
Laura

Postby bluewillow » Jan 18, 2011 10:26 am

I understand fully, Kelly & Lyn. Perhaps we were just a little spoiled way back then ....

bw
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Previous

Return to Feedback