Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

ALPHABET SOUP ~~D

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: ALPHABET SOUP ~~D

Postby Lindamct » Feb 24, 2009 10:27 am

No problem of them taking over here Smitty. I grow them at the end of our fence as I said. In Spring I just mow over the ones that I don't want, or give away to friends :DI wouldn't have them in my formal gardens though :shock: :D
Lindamct

Postby Smitty » Feb 24, 2009 11:11 am

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...wonder if they'd look ok naturalizing with a friendly hand helping them to not overtake???..think they would work mingled thru this bed?? it's getting an overhaul this summer as it's gone from shade to sun. was thinking kinda wild looking with poppies and other self seeders popping up amongst the perennials and shrubs??
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby Lindamct » Feb 24, 2009 11:19 am

They would look nice Smitty, however, you may not wish to have them amongst other plants. They do very well at self-seeding. They are easily pulled out though. Remember they can grow anywhere form 4' - 6' tall and wide. :shock: :D
Lindamct

Postby neng_perea » Feb 24, 2009 2:01 pm

Good morning! I'm been digging and moving my plants to find a place that I feel it grow and I add annual plant called Himalaya Impatient ( just know from Kelly). I had that plants 3 years ago , I planted by the deck is grow so beautiful then after a year I added with perennial and last year I moved my annual plants because is every where. Then I planted by the alley and I planted some beside the fence with perennial but with taller plants. So if you feel is alright go for it, is okey. .......every one is different.
neng_perea

Postby Smitty » Feb 25, 2009 2:12 am

I'll find a home somewhere out there for a few..they are so pretty
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby Eeyore » Mar 06, 2009 1:29 am

Bump
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Previous

Return to Garden Gallery