Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

ALPHABET SOUP ~~ G

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: ALPHABET SOUP ~~ G

Postby Lizcordysmum » Feb 01, 2009 4:48 pm

I want to move into Savona's greenhouse, and I want to walk down and up Orchidguy's garden path, and see everybody's lovely flowers.

And because these two of Giant Hogweed (and yours truly) take up so much space, I will post a couple of other Gs in a different thread. The GH is not the kind of plant you want to touch with bare hands, and it grows wild in the ditches here on the wet coast.
Attachments
Giant Hogweed (wild).jpg
Giant Hogweed (wild).jpg (103.39 KiB) Viewed 2454 times
Giant Hogweed.jpg
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby joan w » Feb 01, 2009 5:57 pm

Laura, your geranium is just lovely - one of my all time favorite plants. And your grapes are always a winner.

Nice to see you posting Greg with such lovely photos.

Savona, it's always a pleasure to see pictures of your greenhouse and the lovely plants that started out there.

Grape Hyacinth

Grape Hyacinth 2.jpg

Grass 'Feather Reed' in its second year.

Grass Feather Reed_0109.JPG

Grass growing at The Mississauga Gardens that we estimated to be about 15'.

Grass_0291.JPG

Joan
joan w

Postby dorab » Feb 01, 2009 7:23 pm

Lovely pics everyone. My G is for:

Gloxinias

Gladiolas

and Giraffe lilies

Dora
Dora
Calgary - Zone 3A
dorab

Postby Scrapinthehat » Feb 01, 2009 7:30 pm

So glad you joined in Greg. I was hoping to see some pics from you. Just lovely ones at that! Great additions by all... I especially love the Grape Hyacinths and the greenhouse. Thanks for sharing. Sadly, I only have one G...a Gentian....but it is an terrible pic so I will wait for the H's.
Scrapinthehat

Postby Smitty » Feb 01, 2009 9:57 pm

oh how I wish I had some g's to share. yours are all so beautiful I'll take one of Savona's greenhouses please and that Giraffe Lily!!!! oh man that is pretty!
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby Lulu » Feb 01, 2009 10:46 pm

I want Savona's greenhouse and Dan's yard too!!
T'was a struggle to find some G's, but, here goes:
Attachments
Gerbera Daisies.JPG
Gerbera Daisies, grown from seed!
Compost Gourds.JPG
These were a compost surprize! Had to post a pic here to find out that they were not white pumpkins!
gazebopaper lanterns.JPG
My gazebo
Lulu

Postby Eeyore » Feb 01, 2009 11:33 pm

Well, I've got Greenhouse envy (Savona) and Gazebo envy too (Dan and Lulu). That giant Hogweed is something else! :o
Beautiful bunch of G's everybody. Gernaiums have never been a real favorite but the newer ones certainly are beautiful and I love the ivies.... Greg, I'm glad to see you joined in, your gardens are beautiful.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby DonnaZn2SK » Feb 02, 2009 3:00 am

The G's are wonderful!

Here's my contribution to the Soup:
Godetia, it's quite showy in bloom, but as soon as it's over, the plant goes kaput. I'll need to rethink where I plant it next year.

Goldrush Shasta Daisy
DonnaZn2SK

Postby earwig » Feb 02, 2009 6:06 am

The lemons & oranges Gaillardia caught my eye as I am a huge gailladia fan. They failed to return for me but I really must try them again. Lulu, that gerbera container is so attractive.
All the G's are impressive and I had trouble decided which ones of mine I should use but decided on a Burgundy Gaillardia
gal.jpg

I am very fond of different coloured foliage so have this little Golden privet which I hope will survive the winter.
golder pivot.jpg

and lastly, as it is Groundhog day, I felt I should include a picture of Ralph, the groundhog that stayed in my garden for a couple of months last summer. I found that by delivering a few choice bits (to him - compost to me) to his doorstep each morning, he was quite easy to live with.
Attachments
groundhog.jpg
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Puff10 » Feb 02, 2009 8:10 am

Betty,
You are lucky to have your own groundhog!!!
Puff10

PreviousNext

Return to Garden Gallery