Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

ALPHABET SOUP ~~J

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: ALPHABET SOUP ~~J

Postby skwij » Feb 10, 2009 11:49 pm

Eeyore wrote:Koot, where do you load your photos from? I can never see them at work....

Greg, nice Hosta bed, I've never thought of filling mine so full.... Hmmm, I could free up a LOT more space in my garden.... 8)

Koot's pictures are hosted at picturetrail.

Sorry to butt in here.
skwij

Postby Eeyore » Feb 10, 2009 11:52 pm

Thanks Skwij. I really miss being able to see them. It must be a site blocked by our firewall at work. I don't always remember to come back and look.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Katherine » Feb 11, 2009 1:28 am

Marks off for late submissions? Fortunately this is not Grade 11 Fabrics. At least I hope not, because I am in the wrong class. Here are my J's.

This IS a japanese maple, its multicolored in the fall, rather dull the rest of the year. Its not a half moon. I have put this in front of hte UBC gardeners, (which is a bit like sacrificing your first born) and never did get an definite answer. I try to propigate it every year from seed and cuttings, something we do for a living, with no luck. All hints appreciated.

This is a horse chestnut tree from the valley, growing near Koots house!! Always wanted one, but they are do darn big!

Creeping Jenny on a Doug fir stump on the edge of my driveway. Since removed, but I notice Jenny is still there, creeping around.

Katherine

Postby Eeyore » Feb 11, 2009 10:46 am

Nice Japanese Maple Kat. I love the colour of it, even if it isn't that bright red. Strange you would have problems propogating it. :?

I think you might want to move the Horse Chestnut to the H thread.... :wink:

Jenny is a beauty, I should put some into my garden....
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Katherine » Feb 11, 2009 12:34 pm

Ha ha! Right Lyn. WHAT was I thinking? Well I can't edit it now, lol!
Katherine

Postby orchidguy » Feb 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Here are a few Japanese peonies
jap peo1.jpg
jap peo2.JPG
jap peo3.jpg
orchidguy

Postby Scrapinthehat » Feb 11, 2009 4:44 pm

Orchidguy....lovely peonies. I especially like the color on the bottom pic.
Scrapinthehat

Postby Eeyore » Feb 11, 2009 4:55 pm

I think I'm in love! That Yellow one is gorgeous!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Postby earwig » Feb 12, 2009 9:02 am

Northpine wrote:Forgive me, Betty, for butting in here. But I think I can safely say that Phlomis tuberosa is at least hardy to zone 1b. Here it is growing in my garden. I would also add that I think it prefers well drained soil.

Not a problem Marie, I like yours better. Mine has never filled out as well as yours. Yours is more mauve than pink, I wonder if the soil has something to do with the colours as I have seen both the mauve and pink. I do have well drained soil but maybe time to give it a boost. The bed it is in just never seems to grow anything that well and I have slowly been changing the inhabitants to other spots.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Scrapinthehat » Feb 17, 2009 1:01 pm

Managed to find a "J". Please ignore the weeds and unkept grass. This Jacob's Ladder (Iceberg Point) was one of my favorite new plants last year.
Attachments
jacob's ladder - iceberg point v3.jpg
Scrapinthehat

Previous

Return to Garden Gallery