Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

Separate ingredients for the "P" Soup

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Separate ingredients for the "P" Soup

Postby Lizcordysmum » Feb 20, 2009 2:47 pm

One of my favourite clematises...bought here at supermarket without a name and spent ages trying to find out...she is Pilu "Little Duckling"

Also, beautifully scented Phlox (I was pleased to get this, as I had been given some that were not scented and they were a disappointment

And finally, a red Peony...thought I'd taken pictures of poppies, but can't find a one!.
Attachments
red peony.jpg
red peony.jpg (69.3 KiB) Viewed 1397 times
phlox.jpg
phlox.jpg (101.11 KiB) Viewed 1396 times
Piilu Little Duckling1.jpg
Piilu Little Duckling1.jpg (121.85 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Re: Separate ingredients for the "P" Soup

Postby Scrapinthehat » Feb 20, 2009 5:58 pm

I'm such a Newbie...didn't know that some Phlox is fragrant. Thanks for sharing!
Scrapinthehat

Postby Lizcordysmum » Feb 20, 2009 7:49 pm

Pussy Willows at LONG LAST!!! Oh bless you Sheikea, bless you to pieces! Please and thank you...they are now my desktop...oh what BLISS!

I also am fond of Sugar Daddy...I like the pinks, but the pink with that would be perfect.

Scrapinthehat - I'm an very oldbe, but memory told me that phlox were all sweetly scented...a smell that reminded me so much of hot drowsy summer afternoons with bees buzzing...and it was a terrible disappointment to grow the phlox, stick my nose into it, and find no scent at all.

Then I got these pink ones, and yep! THAT'S the smell...the old smeller is still working just fine!
Cordy's Mum, Liz

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby B_BQ » Feb 21, 2009 5:25 pm

The Clematis is a stunner Liz. I've made a note of that one! I've decided that I can find room for another two clematis!!!!!
Phlox have never turned me on that much, mostly I think because of the mouldy ratty leaves. However, I really liked the colour of this one, so bought it. I'm going to have to give it a good sniff this, its 2nd, year.
~BBQ

Pretty Dark Pink Phlox - 1st year:
th_IMG_0725.jpg
th_IMG_0725.jpg (7.03 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Lizcordysmum » Feb 21, 2009 7:32 pm

BBQ, must be lucky weather for such a rainy place (not this year) but I do not get mouldy rotten leaves on the phlox, nor on the begonias.

I am extremely grateful...rose problems are enough, thank you!

I wish you good hunting for that clematis...was a poor little speciman, I bought it out of pity...first year I got a couple of single flowers, 2nd year I got ONE big double that was amazing and looked nothing like first year's singles (not even in colour/striping) and last year I got this loveliness, from ground up to 2nd floor porch ceiling. And it lasted and lasted.

Be careful, I have noted there are other Pilu s out there!
Cordy's Mum, Liz

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Return to Garden Gallery