Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

ALPHABET SOUP ~~ R

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: ALPHABET SOUP ~~ R

Postby Smitty » Feb 27, 2009 9:42 pm

Lizcordysmum wrote:

Smitty, I'm the dirty rotten liar who said a month till springtime...sorry about your 10 cm of s-word, and yesterday I woke to 1 cm of s-word here too...so it's back to watching pigeons misbehave!

Thank Dawg for the Alphabet Soup!

LOL!!!!!! I'll forgive you Liz...we all have our own version of 'dreamworld' :wink:
and yes thank dawg for the Alphabet Soup and the othe llovely threads of flowers that are popping up to brighten my blaaaah winter days...-34 windchill here today...mother nature is NOT being nice
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby neng_perea » Feb 28, 2009 12:20 am

Hi Liz! Thank you for the comment..I also realized tha and really appreaciate what you said.

Anyway, i have a climbing rose that is classified as zone 4? Do I need to cover it to protect the whole thing? I live in Edmonton, Alberta. Thank you...
neng_perea

Postby Katherine » Mar 06, 2009 11:10 am

Terribly late as usual,,, surgery shmozzle sorry Here are a few Rs trying note to duplicate

Ribes sanguineam

rock garden.. not mine, in Nelson

have to show you this rudbeckea, its chim chiminee.. love it

Katherine

Postby joan w » Mar 10, 2009 8:22 am

Kat, love that chim chiminee. The name suits it so well.
Image Image
joan w

Postby Eeyore » Mar 10, 2009 9:40 am

Neng - I live in Edmonton and grow many things that are rated Zone 4. For your rose I would provide it with a mulch in the winter and realize that it will require pruning in the spring.
What rose is it?
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Katherine » Mar 10, 2009 10:49 am

Thanks Joan. That particular Rudie is over by my neighbour Phyllis's fence. Every time I see it I have to sing the song. She probably thinks I am nuts. Or has a very limited repetoire.

kat
Katherine

Postby DonnaZn2SK » Mar 10, 2009 7:19 pm

Er, thanks Katherine...now I'm singing it!
DonnaZn2SK

Postby Katherine » Mar 10, 2009 7:50 pm

Sorry. Phyllis is probably sorry, too.
Katherine

Postby neng_perea » Mar 11, 2009 3:18 am

Hi Lyn..The roses that I have are Polka, Eden and 1 no tag when I bougth in Rona, those are climbing roses, Mr. Lincom, Cristian Dior, Bride Dream, Full Sail, and Iceberg I bougth those in Apache Seeds 3 years ago that time I just buy plants no idea about zoning...is that the same at Climbing rose? Do I need to cover the whole thing? Is that okay if I give my address to you if is okay I will invite you this spring ..Let me know....and I will give you some bulbs...Thank's Lyn.
neng_perea

Postby Eeyore » Mar 12, 2009 10:25 am

Your roses are mostly hybrids so yes, you do need to provide extra winter protection.

I'd love to visit you in the spring. That would be very nice. Send me a PM and we'll make arrangements. :D
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

PreviousNext

Return to Garden Gallery