Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

ALPHABET SOUP ~~ T

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: ALPHABET SOUP ~~ T

Postby Scrapinthehat » Mar 01, 2009 9:37 pm

Wow....that looks like a "Tigger". Bet you got him cheaper than every other place I've seen. Wal-mart has amazing prices. Unfortunately, I bought a "Gay Paree" peony last year that was supposed to be cerise pink with a creamy white centre...I got a completely white one. It's still very pretty, just would have liked the "Gay Paree". I've bought many other plants true to form with no complaints. It's just that peonies take such a long time to establish themselves that a person really doesn't want to wait a couple of years to discover they have the wrong plant and then start over....you know what I mean? Maybe I should stick with ferns and hosta or daylilies in bloom to know what I'm getting. Having said that, I bought some clematis that were exactly as advertised...mislabelling can happen anywhere I guess.
Scrapinthehat

Postby sandyas » Mar 01, 2009 11:08 pm

Help! I can't figure out how to upload a photo to Alphabet Soup. Could someone enlighten me:)

Thanks!
sandyas

Postby skwij » Mar 01, 2009 11:48 pm

Hi Sandy, and welcome!

There are a couple of ways to add a picture here. One is via the forum itself, when posting. At the bottom of your posting window, there will be a tab that says "upload attachment". Click it, then browse to your picture on your computer. Click the picture, then, ADD ATTACHMENT and post.

The easier way, to me, and many on here, is to upload your pictures to an online hosting site. Photobucket is a favourite, as it's easy.

Create your free account, upload your pictures, then share them here by highlighting and copy/pasting the line of text under the chosen picture, that starts with [IMG] into the body of your post.

Easy peasy!
skwij

Postby Gwen J » Mar 01, 2009 11:53 pm

Sandyas:

There are some fine points as well, about file size and so on. Suggest you look at a recent thread (on page 2 of the Garden Gallery now) called "Attention Gwen re posting photos", in which these helpful folks explained it all to me when I joined!

Gwen
Dryden, ON (Zone 2b)

The success of my garden is built on the compost of my failures. - Jimmy Turner
Gwen J

Postby sandyas » Mar 02, 2009 12:26 am

meadow_rue_5_1.jpg
T is for Thalictrum
sandyas

Postby Eeyore » Mar 02, 2009 12:29 am

Sandy, so gald you figured it out. What a great photo!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Scrapinthehat » Mar 02, 2009 12:51 am

Welcome Sandy! Looking forward to your posts. Great start.
Scrapinthehat

Postby sandyas » Mar 02, 2009 1:12 am

sandyas

Postby Northpine » Mar 02, 2009 9:41 am

Here's my T's
The first is just a tanacetum, a self seeder that I've come to love. I find it has a very long bloom period, and I just dig up the seedlings and transplant where ever I feel I can use a clump.

Thunderbolt hosta
Clump of tulips

Donna, I can only hope my trolius gets half as lovely as yours. This is only its second winter.
I'm envious of all the tiarellas.
Lots of lovely tulips shown also.
Marie
Zone 1b, Northern MB
One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides. ~W.E. Johns, The Passing Show
Northpine

Postby Smitty » Mar 02, 2009 10:48 am

holy carp!!!! the 'U' is up there and I haven't even posted the 'T's' yet!
rose Topaz Jewel

I've posted this before..Delphinium 'Tickled Pink'

Tiger Lilies
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

PreviousNext

Return to Garden Gallery