Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

Spring Nova Scotia style

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Spring Nova Scotia style

Postby Sharon Bryson » Mar 24, 2009 9:41 am

We seem to be having pretty much a normal spring!
Out front this morning.....
snowyfront_2348 (Medium).jpg

Out back....
snowyview_back_mid2352 .jpg

One might like to think these were taken in Dec, Jan, Feb....NOT March.
Poor little snowdrops we saw a few days ago are severely buried.
snowdrops_early_mid_2342.jpg

Cheers
Sharon
Antigonish, NS Zone 5b

"The fairest thing in nature, a flower, still has its' roots in earth and manure."
- D.H. Lawrence

http://sharon-willowgardenmusings.blogspot.com/
http://www.willowgarden.net/
Sharon Bryson

Re: Spring Nova Scotia style

Postby Eeyore » Mar 24, 2009 9:54 am

It looks so purty Sharon, but I hope it doesn't last long! I'm anxiously waiting for ours to go. IT's been a cold winter and seems it's lasted forever.... :roll:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Caleb » Mar 24, 2009 11:19 am

Looks very, very familiar. Reminds me of our Spring here in Eastern Newfoundland.

Can anyone tell me if Spring actually exists, or is it just a figment of our imagination?

Thank you.

Caleb
Caleb

Postby Laura » Mar 24, 2009 11:26 am

Ah yes the same thing happened to my poor crocus and tulips . . . snowing and very windy here today.

Caleb . . . Oh yes my son there will be spring . . . the arguement (each year ) is always . . . WHEN !! :lol:
Laura

Postby Puff10 » Mar 24, 2009 3:37 pm

Indeed!!Only in Nova Scotia!Check the hellabores I photographed in NYC 2 weekends ago!!When I snapped that pic I never thought we would still be having snow on this side of the bay!!
Thank you Sharon ! Still a very nice scene...
Attachments
IMG_0145.jpg
Puff10

Postby earwig » Mar 25, 2009 6:19 am

Ah yes, somehow I could not even get motivated to take photos, might have had something to do that I had to drive in it to go to work.

The absolutely worst for me was digging out my snow boots which I had tucked away for the season. What was I thinking of? It is only March...

Nice photos Sharon.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Katherine » Mar 25, 2009 10:28 pm

I admit I was hoping for something a little less....white. My condolences Sharon and you eastern seabord folks. While we have lost most of our snow, and things are poking up it is very stormy, snow on the mountains, minus temps at night. It seems like we are consistently about 2 -3 weeks ahead here in southern interior of BC.

Hang on, its coming!

kat
Katherine

Postby Smitty » Mar 26, 2009 9:08 am

spring Nova Scotia style...appears very similar to spring Manitoba style. snow was quickly disappearing on Monday but Tuesday brought us a Colorado low..no more lake of water in the side yard..no signs of garden soil anymore. -21 windchill yesterday and have not checked weather today...but it is cold!!

002.JPG
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby DonnaZn2SK » Mar 27, 2009 10:59 pm

I'm looking forward to Spring too, Sharon.

We haven't had much for new snow, just the old stuff won't go away!

It did warm up on a couple of days over the past couple of weeks; those warmer days coincided with the two times I went to the car wash. Our winters are so severe on the prairies that the streets are under a lot of stress when it does warm up. We have "pot-hole" patrol around these parts...
DonnaZn2SK

Postby Lulu » Mar 28, 2009 10:53 am

Don't want to steal your thunder, Donna,,but, think Sudbury takes the cake for potholes!

This week the police actually got involved, because of some rather severe potholes. Didn't see all of the TV coverage about what actually started it, but, the city sure responded quickly, then the police put out a statement that they don't usually get involved, but felt it was necessary this time!

And, as hubby owns & operates tow trucks, he's experienced more than average "rollovers" where a vehicle has hit a bad pothole, overcorrected, then rolled over on a very low speed sidestreet. Seems the city has finally started to take it seriously, for a variety of reasons, besides the fact that it is waaaay overdue. They can fix a spaceship, in space, but can't find a better solution to fix potholes?

Makes ya wonder!
Lulu

Next

Return to Garden Gallery