Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

Some definite signs of spring

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: Some definite signs of spring

Postby Sharon Bryson » Apr 12, 2009 5:25 pm

[quote]How long did it take for the crocuses to multiply and become such glorious patches of colour?/quote]
Hi Brenda:
The patch at the front of the house has been there in one form or another for many years(20?).That part of the garden gets very little interference, so the bulbs just move about. The begonia bed shares some of the space, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Cheers
Sharon
Antigonish, NS Zone 5b

"The fairest thing in nature, a flower, still has its' roots in earth and manure."
- D.H. Lawrence

http://sharon-willowgardenmusings.blogspot.com/
http://www.willowgarden.net/
Sharon Bryson

Postby earwig » Apr 13, 2009 7:40 am

Your crocus are so beautiful. Inspires me for more in my garden.

Today I am hoping for a little sun, so much to do outside, and it is so raw out there and the snow flurries are not getting me in a gardening mood. More of a day for sitting by the fire with a book.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Sharon Bryson » Apr 13, 2009 9:22 am

More of a day for sitting by the fire with a book.

Sounds like a plan....Bill is liable to do that.
I am off to Halifax....Celtic Thunder concert beckons!
We have the occasional flurry here this AM.
Cheers
Sharon
Antigonish, NS Zone 5b

"The fairest thing in nature, a flower, still has its' roots in earth and manure."
- D.H. Lawrence

http://sharon-willowgardenmusings.blogspot.com/
http://www.willowgarden.net/
Sharon Bryson

Postby earwig » Apr 13, 2009 10:36 pm

My intentions for the day changed when my compost man called and said he could bring me a load of compost today. Only 15 yards vs the normal 18 as spring weight restrictions on the roads but I said yes please.

So I since I had to get the dump spot ready and the sun decided to shine, I started to work a bit in the garden. Just got started and it would hail, than sun, than snow squalls, and then sun again. So I was in and out most of the day.

The compost is beautiful, and hope to using a lot later this week.

The concert sounds like a great place to have been at today.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby savona » Apr 14, 2009 1:20 am

Ahhh Sharon what a lovely sight to behold crocus and potato pit.. Spring is springing in zone brrr too although at a slower pace. It is so satisfying to do the garden walk and find old friends looking no worse for wear and tear after a long winter :) savona
savona

Postby DonnaZn2SK » Apr 14, 2009 12:26 pm

Sharon,

I really enjoyed your Spring-time pictures. Nothing emerging here yet, but we've had some nice weather this past week; so fingers crossed, I may be gardening sooner rather than later!
DonnaZn2SK

Postby Trailblaze1 » Apr 14, 2009 3:18 pm

Beautiful crocii! That makes me want to grab my camera and go outside for a peek in my gardens. I've been lounging on the couch all morning, knitting and feeling feverish with a wee flu bug. (DH gave it to me, don't know where he got it....)

but the sun is shining and the ground is calling to me...

Thanks for sharing your lovelies!
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Previous

Return to Garden Gallery