Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

Primrose

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: Primrose

Postby Puff10 » Apr 17, 2009 11:14 am

Countryboy,

Is this little red one with yellow center called "poker..."?? Its good to know as I also have that one also!!

thanks
Puff10

Postby Countryboy » Apr 17, 2009 5:21 pm

The blue one was called Poker Primrose when I got it from Spring Garden in a plant order one year. *I labelled the two pix in Photobucket but u wouldn't know that without checking the file names. :oops: lol*

The two different red Primula and the vanilla coloured one *not shown* were planted from seed. What names of Primula??? They were planted so far back that I'd have to find my Garden Journal in Notebook . . . the three ring variety of notebook.

The 'other' Primrose . . . the plant that I have wild here is identical to the yellow flowered plant yr showing Smitty . . . the oenothera. I always called that Evening Primrose. I have nooooo idea where I got that name so I could easily be wrong.

It's a great plant too for an interesting reason. The minute the first leaves come out of the ground in the Spring they're an easily identified purple colour. In fact, I think that thru the Winter they never quite loose those strange coloured leaves. It makes them real easy to spot and weed around in the Spring.
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby Puff10 » Apr 19, 2009 4:28 pm

Some more little primroses I pictured today...but they're just starting out...still very small.
Attachments
IMG_0016.JPG
wanda
IMG_0015.JPG
young blue ...
Puff10

Previous

Return to Garden Gallery