Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

I'm hoping for good things

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

I'm hoping for good things

Postby Eeyore » May 03, 2009 11:50 pm

I started all these pots of seeds and lilies a few weeks ago. I hope that all the perennials are a decent size to plant out by the time fall gets here.

Perennials_2.JPG

Perennials_1.JPG

Lilies_1.JPG
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Re: I'm hoping for good things

Postby Countryboy » May 04, 2009 7:37 am

It would be interesting to know if u have any luck with some of those Lyn. I tried a late winter sowing of Delphinium this year and have nothing showing so far. I'm thinkin' it probably didn't get frozen enuf.

Best of luck with yrs. :)
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby Eeyore » May 04, 2009 10:00 am

I chilled the seeds for about a week before I put them out. I sure hope they grow. I'll keep you posted. The balloon flowers are starting to germinate but nothing else yet. Most of the lilies are showing now. A couple of them are still in hiding.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby joan w » May 04, 2009 12:49 pm

When they all sprout (see how optimistic I am) and get bigger will you put them in the ground? Fall seems far away for planting them.
Image Image
joan w

Postby Eeyore » May 04, 2009 12:52 pm

I'll plant when they are big enough. Last year I left Columbine in a large planter right up until the fall. I'm hoping to be able to plant earlier this year.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Postby Smitty » May 05, 2009 7:28 am

you sure have been busy!!!! apparently in my winter blahs I have ordered 6 more lilies and 3 daylilies and an assortment of perennials. going to be tough planting them if stuf doesn't start peking their noses out alot more very soon. planted alot last year that I won't remembe again til I see them peeking at me :)
when do you think it'll be safe to move my sunroom to the makeshift greenhouse?? any snow your way this week?? I'd really like to get my sunroom cleared out and the greenhouses open here this weekend but they have heaters in there's...mine is sawhorseses and heavy plastic in the vegie patch :-)
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby Eeyore » May 05, 2009 10:07 am

LOL! Sounds like me Smitty. Nope, no snow this week... sunshine and teens most of the week. around about 5 overnight. Probably safe to move the greenhouse out now.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Return to Garden Gallery