Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

I have some color in my gardens!!

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

I have some color in my gardens!!

Postby Smitty » May 12, 2009 10:31 am

finally the early blooms are starting to appear in the gardens

early tulip

early tulip.jpg

Scila is going crazy. gson was here on Mother's day..saw one that snuck into the grass...said we could make Tinkerbell's path in the grass with these...he may be on to something :)
scila.jpg

rhodo just starting to open....again i thank you for this Sharon....it is one of my favs in the garden
rhodo.jpg

I asked DH for some lumber for a makeshift cold frame and this is was he did for me...had I known I'd have asked him long ago
coldframe2.jpg

and a little feeder I picked up as a Mother's Day gift for me..couldn't leave it at the store :)
bird feeder.jpg
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Re: I have some color in my gardens!!

Postby Eeyore » May 12, 2009 7:26 pm

*SIGH* I can't believe you've got colour before I do! The Bleeding Heart is grwong by leaps and bounds though so I SHOULD have something in bloom soon! :|
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Smitty » May 13, 2009 9:03 am

sorry mine arrived before your Lyn. I know how long winter has been and wish you blooms quickly! major rain storm happening here as I speak...should make things bloom and the grass green up.
weather liars are still calling for very cold temps and snow well passed May long...vegie patch may become permanent greenhouse if this keeps up.
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby Aigle » May 15, 2009 11:05 am

Since I have been reading these forums, I'm really getting an awareness of the different situations each area faces as gardeners (I'm am a lifelong Torontonian, never more than 3 miles away from the lake).

I really appreciate knowing this. I used to always envy BC gardeners thinking "they can grow anything there" but I guess I'm more aware now that BC is pretty darn big and even in the milder areas, there are issues I don't have to face. I've seen some beautiful Zone 3 gardens, but never thought about what it took to achieve them.

And, I get to feel the real joy of spring, all over again, each time someone posts about the beginnings of life in their gardens. Oh Yeah, I want...no NEED that coldframe!!!1!

It really is lovely, Thanks.

(P.S. There is a Huge Mama Racoon moseying along the hydro lines not 30ft down yard from me. Guess we'll have to keep the pup upstairs and away from the windows overnights, since racoon pups like to get on the balcony and just tease him silly.)
---
Give me library, or give me Death!
Aigle

Return to Garden Gallery