Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

A few May shots

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: A few May shots

Postby savona » May 20, 2009 9:42 am

AAAHHH..I feel so much better now after looking at your lovelies, our snow yesterday was discouraging..savona
savona

Postby Eeyore » May 20, 2009 9:57 am

It IS lovely to see other's gardens isn't it Savona? I've looked at Sharon's and Remi's so far this morning and it real does help to see such lovelies.

Our spring has been very discouraging indeed. We are right now in another deep freeze! The hostas haven't dared poke their noses up yet, the daffies are still in hiding, the tulips in the warm areas don't dare unfurl their buds and my poor lilac and it's 8 sets of blooms will probably be frozen now so I'll have no blooms at all. The Thunderchild Crab still has all it's blooms in hiding as well, all the bedding plants are in the garage and most of my lilies in the cooler gardens aren't even poking through yet....
At this rate we may get summer in August!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby savona » May 20, 2009 10:16 am

It feels great to complain about the weather and get it off our chests! A person kind of expects a few odd snows and cold in April but for pity sakes it is past the middle of May..I was waiting for the hammer to fall here when I seen Alberta getting cold and snow. grrrr. Soon this will be just a bad memory and I hope not repeated for many years..Jean
savona

Postby Eeyore » May 20, 2009 10:22 am

You are right Savona. We DO expect a day or 2 of colder weather or snow even into May, but it's usually interspersed with much better weather for the most part. This long, protracted, cold spring really makes it hard to feel very positive..... :roll:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Previous

Return to Garden Gallery