Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

Downtown Toronto May 25

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Downtown Toronto May 25

Postby Aigle » May 25, 2009 4:12 pm

Hi all. Excuse the resolution but these were just a fast cellphone grab before I lost my late tulips. Ummmm, my garden is the green one.

First shot is straight down from the kitchen balcony/deck.

Second on is standing in the same location looking a bit farther. As you can see, I have a lot of shade. A lot of detail is missing, but I just wanted to show the "feel"of the yard. I'm not what you would call a tidy gardener :P

The Black moinster is the bbq named "Hearth Vadar" that I hope to transform into a planter, but TL wants a last try at fixing it. :roll:

The Horribly wild greenery at the rear is Goutweed, the property continues for another 60-80' with about 1/3 infested :cry:

img014.jpg
img015.jpg
---
Give me library, or give me Death!
Aigle

Re: Downtown Toronto May 25

Postby Sun Face » May 26, 2009 12:09 pm

I think some people who are 'untidy' gardeners have the most fun...no rules, and all that! 8)
A lot of green and colour! You have a pretty good cellphone to take those quick pictures!
Good luck on the barbecue discussion!
Cindy H
Morning Glories
Cindy H
Calgary, AB zone 3A
Dragonflies!
Sun Face

Re: Downtown Toronto May 25

Postby shergardens » May 26, 2009 9:58 pm

I share your pain on the goutweed. I just dug out about a truckload of it and now I see little sprouts coming up. I hear if you keep it mowed down and keep putting grass seed in it eventually it will die, and yet they still sell it in the garden centres. Maybe we should pot our up and make big money on it. LOL
shergardens

Return to Garden Gallery