Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

It's a start!

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

It's a start!

Postby crunkpunch » May 26, 2009 2:18 pm

A little while ago I posted for some ideas on what to plant in my garden. This weekend I spent some time cleaning up the garden, doing some edging and planting in the garden as well as planters.

Here is what I have so far...
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album ... 336&ref=nf

Money is a little tight this year (my bf and I were both laid off from our jobs) so the plants that went in the ground were all perennials that were given to me, mostly from my mom's garden. Except for the hydrangea... I bought that. I just need to add some compost and mulch. I'm hoping to hit up some other family members for some more perennials. I might wait and do a garden tour to see what they have before taking.
-- Shannon & her pug Isis
www.shannonbeaton.info
crunkpunch

Re: It's a start!

Postby kelly_m » May 26, 2009 2:56 pm

Looking Good!!!

It'll fill in nicely!
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby crunkpunch » May 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Yep! Just need to give it a few years! Just adding in those plants and edging made a tremendous difference. Were hoping to redo the deck area (make it larger so we can actually fit some furniture out there) and do some interlocking in the front. I really would like to add a garden in the front as well.
www.shannonbeaton.info
crunkpunch

Postby Countryboy » May 26, 2009 7:52 pm

What a rich lawn. :) Almost as good lookin' as that Wine Plant. :wink:
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby crunkpunch » May 26, 2009 8:21 pm

LOL!!! The lawn really needs some work. I tried seeding last year and this year but it is still patchy.
www.shannonbeaton.info
crunkpunch

Postby Aigle » May 26, 2009 8:38 pm

The soil looks great, and that's probably the best investment. But the astilbe is not, (I think) looks like it may be a spiderwort (tradescantia)... both are good in shade.

Not the best at identification, but I have them both and your start looks very, very good . Just enjoy. :)
---
Give me library, or give me Death!
Aigle

Postby crunkpunch » May 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Ohh, yes that looks much closer than Astilbe! I guess I am going to have to wait and see.
I swore thats what my mom said it was but I could be mistaken.

Oh, and btw, my garden is pretty much full sun. It just looked really shady in that picture because it was like 7pm when I took the picture.
www.shannonbeaton.info
crunkpunch

Postby Aigle » May 26, 2009 8:54 pm

Still looks good and plants "borrowed" from friends and family always beat anything bought :)

(sorry, still on the mini high....tomorrow, 6pm THE DAMN RALLY STRIPES BETTER BE ON) *ahem*
---
Aigle

Postby crunkpunch » May 26, 2009 9:08 pm

My grandma calls a perennial garden a friendship garden because you get your plants a little from everyone :)

So excited for you and your MINI!! I had an excruciating long wait for mine. The car I wanted was also wanted by someone else so I had to wait a few weeks before they decided if I could have it, and then I had to wait for them to ship it from another province!!
www.shannonbeaton.info
crunkpunch

Postby Aigle » May 26, 2009 9:44 pm

Tried to PM this,but I don't know the system. Just wanted to say "thankyou" to you and also B_BQ for "real testimonials" which helped when we were nervous at the cost.

And from what I see both your gardens are, or will be paradise within a season. (still think it's not an astilbe)
thank you
Michelena (gotta clean the keyboatd)
---
Aigle

Next

Return to Garden Gallery