Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

Alphabet Soup ....L....

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: Alphabet Soup ....L....

Postby Lizcordysmum » Mar 10, 2012 5:07 pm

Dan...you ae sweet!

Beautiful gardens like yours, and you are welcoming me and my horde! What a gent!
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby savona » Mar 10, 2012 10:25 pm

[bOhhhh..I knew I would love the "L" ingredients of the soup! :) ][/b]
Attachments
lupins.JPG
self seeded lupins
lupins.JPG (66.21 KiB) Viewed 1047 times
Le Reve oriental lily.JPG
Le Reve oriental lily
Le Reve oriental lily.JPG (68.47 KiB) Viewed 1047 times
Levon oriental lily.JPG
Levon oriental lily
Levon oriental lily.JPG (58.32 KiB) Viewed 1047 times
savona

Postby earwig » Mar 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Lovely L's. I have Lespedeza thunbergii also known as bush clover. It is a bush but mine blooms quite sparesely compared to what I have seen in pictures.
Lespedeza thunbergii.jpg

Lewisia one of my favourite rock garden plants and I am planing on increasing the varieties of this pretty little plant.
lewis.jpg

I couldn't decide which of my ligularia to show for the third photo so scratched them both and decided to show this little container of Lobelia which was supposed to be a bit of filler for the Fuchsia but instead stole the show.
loblia.jpg
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Eeyore » Mar 10, 2012 11:15 pm

Dan, ya fooled me! I thought those were all different lilies but close examination shows some doubles. (insert winking smiley here). What do you use to create the collages?

Also, is that Black Spider in the 4th row middle in the top collage? I ahve that one and it's not a quick multiplier which I am grateful for! Some of my lilies are VERY prolific indeed!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Eeyore » Mar 10, 2012 11:25 pm

Ooops forgot to thow my ingredients into the pot. :oops:

Of course I have lilies. These 2 haven't been shown yet.

Ladylike.JPG
Ladylike

Miss_Lucy.JPG
Miss Lucy - Freebie from Valley K

Lichen.JPG
Lichen
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Clyde212 » Mar 11, 2012 12:39 am

Loving the Lovely "L"'s...and I can participate too!! And not a daylily in sight :roll:

Lovely Senorita.jpg
Lovely Senorita
Lily Stargazer.jpg
Stargazer
Montreal Zone 5a/b
Clyde212

Postby orchidguy » Mar 11, 2012 12:43 am

Lyn,
It is either Black Spider or Landini, they look a little dark for Dimension or Night Flyer. Unfortunately, I dumped all the photo's into one folder, just to get them off the dying camera, and didn't title them, but know I have the four mentioned.

You say your Black Spider is not a great multiplier, but what about your Landini? Mine have to be split regularly, because of their over-multiplying ability.

I didn't realize I had doubles. so went back to check, and sho' 'nuff. That means I have photo's then that I didn't post (yahoo) I just wish the pictures of all the lilies had turned out.

I use the photobucket collage
orchidguy

Postby kelly_m » Mar 11, 2012 9:27 am

What a Lovely Letter!!!

Almost as dangerous as the daylilies!!!!

Please can I have one of each???
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Eeyore » Mar 11, 2012 12:53 pm

It would be Black Spider that I was looking ar then. It's a very pretty lily, it was a freebie with an order I placed a few years back.

I guess putting it inperspective I have Suncrest and Amarone which OVER multiply and Red Velvet which mulitplies quite freely. Landini seems to be a bit more conservative but then again I do have a heavier clay soil and it is only a couple of years old. Pewrhaps this year I will be looking to split it up. Maybe you can help me name my unknown lily.... I'll post it in another thread.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Postby Katherine » Mar 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Love the Ls!!! I dont think its possible to have too many lilies. Or lichens! Well done Lyn, on the Peltigera there.

So here are my Ls .... a larch, which is really beautiful in the fall (not mine, I see, had to edit this, as I thought it was my own...there are TWO in this photo.... ha ha :roll: :oops: . Love it, and lavander, which I managed to kill, (dont ask) but was replaced by a freebie from a kind gardener in Trail, and my white lilac which was a rescue from my families homestead in Kamloops, originally from the older homestead in Salmon Arm and dating back several generations.

larch_MG_9841.jpg

lavander_MG_7882.jpg

lilac_MG_0125.jpg
Katherine

PreviousNext

Return to Garden Gallery