Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

ALPHABET SOUP..... N

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: ALPHABET SOUP..... N

Postby Puff10 » Mar 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Ninebark (Diablo) combined with "Flaming Poppa"
Attachments
ete 2009 139.jpg
a good combination of colour
Puff10

Postby Clyde212 » Mar 16, 2012 3:24 pm

Big Smile wrote:
Clyde , your yard looks wondeful, can't wait to see it for real,,,and that Daylily, WOW.
I don't suppose you will share that one??

Thank you, darling husband is getting good at being my muscle :lol:
Neal Berrey has not been a rapid increaser. Planted in 2009 and only 2 scapes this year. It's going to get moved if it doesn't start improving. No sharing yet I am afraid :cry:
Montreal Zone 5a/b
Clyde212

Postby Lizcordysmum » Mar 16, 2012 5:18 pm

I am pleased to tell you how much I enjoy everybody else's plantings...the Soup is better than all the gardening magazines, or catalogues.

A NOID succulent...and NINE allium. The 9th IS there, in behind, low down. I finally got more than FIVE.
Attachments
NINE Alium instead of usual five.jpg
NOID succulent.jpg
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby Katherine » Mar 16, 2012 5:25 pm

There are some lovely Ns here....

Sharon, your Narcissi are incredible. Fabulous variation there. ( I love the Tabby cat shot too, that cropped up first). And very clever with the Nectaroscordum switcheroo there, it pays to keep abreast of the name changes for soup....

Laura, I am guess eggshell blue - sky blue is a favorite color of yours in the garden, I share that with you.

Lyn your Nelly AND your Nettie are lovely.

Dan that pale pink Nymphaea is gorgeous, where ever did you get a pink one, or am I out to lunch?

Reen Beautiful Delphiniums there, thats really a gorgeous one next the the steps.

Clyde, your new bed with the old fashioned western style fence is really lovely. I am admiring your soil and I just know that plants growing up around that fence are going to look wonderful. Also, the Niobe clematis an dthe Neal Barrey daylilies are gorgeous. Especially the lily.

Clara, love the Nepeta, just comparing it to Sharons and to mine Im realizing how much variation there is in this genus.

Abbey, hats off re birdhouse, with a plant, thats pretty cool! Love YOUR Nelly Moser as well. I have managed to grow ONE clematis (well two, if you include the native one here, which I am not in charge of, obvi.)

Liz, I counted EIGHT, but they are wonderful, and you NOID succulent is INCREDIBLE. I had one of those I am pretty sure, and it never looked as healthy as that.

So far so good, soupnikis.
Oy!

Kat
Katherine

Postby earwig » Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm

So many nifty N's.. A lot to take in and playing catch up on computer as freezing rain on wireless antenna results in no signal getting through ice. Finally today the temperature rose enough to melt it off. I see some nice Nepeta here and I am going to add mine as well. Not sure of the variety but it does spread easily.
neptia.jpg

I have 2 other ninebarks (diablo & coppertina) that have much more colourful foliage as well as blooms but neither bloom as profusely as this plain ninebark.
ninebark.jpg

Each year I have to plant nasturiums just because I always have.
nasturiums.jpg
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Big Smile » Mar 16, 2012 9:41 pm

Clyde212 wrote:
Big Smile wrote:
Clyde , your yard looks wondeful, can't wait to see it for real,,,and that Daylily, WOW.
I don't suppose you will share that one??

Thank you, darling husband is getting good at being my muscle :lol:
Lucky you,,my Hubby also is a great help in the garden :-)

Neal Berrey has not been a rapid increaser. Planted in 2009 and only 2 scapes this year. It's going to get moved if it doesn't start improving. No sharing yet I am afraid :cry:

Some Daylilies just need longer to multiply, no problem for not sharing.
Clara
Big Smile

Postby orchidguy » Mar 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Kat
Pink is a fairly common colour of Nymphaea, and have quite a few cultivars of them. I am wondering if you are thinking of Nelumbo (lotus) as I only have 2 cultivars in that colour range. I think I have posted pics of them in the past with the tropical waterlilies.
Just dug out and will be finishing a new pond that was started last fall, and have ordered quite a few new cultivars of both that will be gracing this one this coming season
Did find another new pic of another pink nymphaea
nym.JPG
orchidguy

Postby Northpine » Mar 17, 2012 9:29 am

Ns are not plentiful here, it seems.
Here's my new ninebark in its second year. The first season it was covered in mildew, but last year it was fine.
100_3652.JPG

Walker's Low nepeta is new for me and appears to be very vigorous.
100_3478.JPG
Walker's Low Nepeta
Marie
Zone 1b, Northern MB
One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides. ~W.E. Johns, The Passing Show
Northpine

Postby Scrapinthehat » Mar 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Sharon...I really like the Nectaroscordum siculum. I'll have to check if I can grow it here.

My N...Netty's Pride and Night Flyer Asiatics...first year for both.
Attachments
Netty's Pride & Night Flyer Lilies 2011 letter n v3.jpg
"Better to be a silly girl with a flower, than a silly boy with a horse and a stick."
Jocelyn, a character from A Knight's Tale
Scrapinthehat

Postby Eeyore » Mar 17, 2012 10:27 pm

Hmmmm, well now I am convinced that what I have is NOT Netty's Pride.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

PreviousNext

Return to Garden Gallery