Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

ALPHABET SOUP..... N

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: ALPHABET SOUP..... N

Postby Heidi S » Mar 18, 2012 4:05 pm

IMG_7741.jpg
Love this nasturtium! Another no name though!

IMG_7401.jpg
Narcissis - no name that I can remember

IMG_7075.jpg
I am fudging this one a bit - night snowfall on the weeping crabapple
Heidi S,
Prince George, BC
Zone 3!

Master Gardener in Training....
Heidi S

Postby earwig » Mar 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Surfing through and just want to add a couple of things.

Clyde love the Neal Berrey daylily, and your front yard, especially the fence. I have to replace a fence and if I ever get the cedar poles delivered that I have on order, I just may copy yours.

Liz, I have the same NOID succlent but mine is just a baby compared to yours but it has the same blooms.

Heidi, that nasturium is a beauty.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Smitty » Mar 19, 2012 7:27 am

Clyde..how do you only pick 2 from each letter???

my N's

Northern Star

Soup N lily oxt northern star.JPG

New Wave

Soup N lily asiatic new wave.JPG

Nora Barlow

Soup N columbine nora barlow.JPG
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby MareE » Mar 19, 2012 8:15 am

Super NICE ~N~ ingredients, gardeners!

Love that no-name Nasty, too, Heidi! And soooo tasty.
Clyde, that's one helluva beaut in the rustic fence department. Squash and gourd would love to cavort on those rails. ;o}
Smitty, Nora Barlowe has been on my wish list for years. But that is not a hinthint. laff

NOID LULU BRUG.jpg
Lulu's Pink Brug of NOID didn't bloom in 2010. Relocated
to sunnier spot last year, she more than thrived!

NARCISSUS A LA NEIGE.jpg
Mid-April and NARCISSUS didn't mind the nip of S-word that fell overnite.

NENG'S LILY.jpg
NENG's LILY was a highlight of the Summer. Dear Neng, wherever you are, THANK YOU again!
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby Katherine » Mar 19, 2012 12:19 pm

I meant to skate in here yesterday, but I was driving home from the OKanagan (and the garden centre three.....ahem...).

Betty, your napeta is a FOREST, so if thier are cats around I expect they are laying about, stunned most of the time. That nine bark is unreal, it looks like a snowball bush! I too have always planted Nasturtiums ever since I was a child.

Dan I have no Nelumbo or Nymphaea, as I havent finish my ponds yet. Its been a while since I have had a pond. Youres are lovely, and I can hardly wait.

Northpine, you ninebark is lovely, and it looks like the Napeta is breaking that little fence is growing up against, ha ha. Cat mints may look like delicate little plants but boy, killers, eh?

MareE, that Brug is gorgeous. Not had any luck with a Brug since I bought mine from Victoria, it has sulked for 12 YEARS. Last year I started a Datura from seed, and I am hoping now that they have taxonomic friends they might both brighten up a bit. Oh and maybe some fertilizer, new soil and sunshine might help a bit as well.

Love the Lily and the Narc in the S^&&W

Smitty your northern stare, new Wave adn Nora Barlow are very pretty, and Heidi, your photos are great! Love the little NIGHT SNOW. As long as I dont get any more here....I would be very happy.

N for Soup. Way to go everyone.

Kat
Katherine

Postby Northpine » Mar 19, 2012 2:37 pm

I found another N while searching around. It is Niagara Falls hosta. I'm anxious to see how it does this year. I had to dig it up temporarily while the wall behind it was being built. It has quite a presence in that bed. I think by the time the soup is done I'll have posted every picture of my garden. :lol:
100_3493.JPG
Niagara Falls hosta
Marie
Zone 1b, Northern MB
One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides. ~W.E. Johns, The Passing Show
Northpine

Postby Clyde212 » Mar 19, 2012 10:59 pm

earwig wrote:Clyde love the Neal Berrey daylily, and your front yard, especially the fence. I have to replace a fence and if I ever get the cedar poles delivered that I have on order, I just may copy yours.

I am flattered you would "copy" me! As your beautiful gardens have given me more than a few ideas 8)

Smitty wrote:Clyde..how do you only pick 2 from each letter???
That is because I forgot to take pics of 1/2 my stuff. Duh!

MareE wrote:Clyde, that's one helluva beaut in the rustic fence department. Squash and gourd would love to cavort on those rails. ;o}
I have planted clemmies to climb over some sections. And Thank you! From your lips to the MIL's ears...the one who said it's too "Busy" :twisted:
Montreal Zone 5a/b
Clyde212

Postby Eeyore » Mar 19, 2012 11:55 pm

Neng's Lily is gorgeous! I believe it is Stargazer.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby kelly_m » Mar 20, 2012 10:37 am

I have an N!!!!!! other than all my NOID's!!

Phlox, "Norah Leigh"

IMG_0370.JPG

really need to take more pics.....and label....and record what I have...cause the labels are fading and breaking and blowing away!!!
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby neng_perea » Mar 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Kat, your rose is beautiful. ( my favorite color.) I love it.

I like daylily their pretty,but my yard has no space no more...

more lilies ? oh no! O dear! thank you lyn , Smitty , and Scrap, for sharing your lilies, their beautiful.

Mare,wow! your lily is different than mine.. Lyn is right that is Stargazer, beautiful one. how's your lyn ?

As usual Betty your garden look amazing.

All of you done an amazing job...i'm really enjoy to see all your garden. thank you every one.
Attachments
CIMG1510.JPG
Neng Lily... Can you help me for this one..
CIMG1551.JPG
CIMG1586.JPG
neng_perea

PreviousNext

Return to Garden Gallery