Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

spring has sprung!!

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

spring has sprung!!

Postby Smitty » Mar 22, 2012 9:22 am

could not beleive what has peeked up yesterday when I was cleaning..this is just the 3 beds that I've cleaned so far!!

sorry everyone...try as I might ..I can not get this to show the entire collage...right click and click view image works tho

oh Dan.......perhaps you could help me??
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Re: spring has sprung!!

Postby Elena Zimmerman » Mar 22, 2012 9:44 am

Thank you for the collage, it looks so promising! We all can't wait for the spring!

I have crocuses blooming in front bed since mid-March. i know I was hoping for a good spring show, but crocuses? in Calgary? On the 10th of March? So weird this year. We checked the beds yesterday and saw a few more bulbs starting to poke out, and bergenias seem to be reviving. Muscari, by the house stayed ever-green this winter.

One of the most anticipated thig for me are the leucojums, they are really popping out strong from under the cover of some branches I threw on them last year. I did not know if they would grow in Calgary, so keeping fingers crossed that they will manage!

Lol, I just hope we are not going to plunge right into -20's again! I am continue my traditional garden chore for his time of the year: Weather Watching!
Gardening in Calgary, AB, Zone 3, Chinook conditions
Elena Zimmerman

Postby CdnChelsea » Mar 22, 2012 11:18 am

The Crocus here has fizzled out thanks to the very warm weather and hot sun beating down on them. The Jonquils are in full bloom:

IMG_0128.JPG

So are the Daffodils in the wild garden:
IMG_0132.JPG

Then there are the pretty, little grape hyacinths I really like:
IMG_0140.JPG

"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth
are never alone or weary of life" ~ Rachel Carson
CdnChelsea

Postby Smitty » Mar 22, 2012 11:34 am

appears to be a very early spring in a lot of places Chelsea..........your flowers are beauties!!! gives me a peek at 'yet to come' in my gardens :-D
I here you Elena..normally my gardens are still under 3 feet of snow (that we did not get this winter)
we are breaking warm weather temps dating back up to 135 years old!
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty

Postby reenb159 » Mar 22, 2012 11:53 am

Snowing in Calgary this morning..... :o(
reenb159

Postby Elena Zimmerman » Mar 22, 2012 1:21 pm

It's a good snow though. We need that moisture. The weather is still warm for next week. It's a deep freeze that would cripple us now, or if this sort of weather sticks around till July, like last year.
Elena Zimmerman

Postby Smitty » Mar 22, 2012 8:20 pm

they are calling for cooler temps here on the weekend and s!@# for Monday
Smitty

Postby Laura » Mar 22, 2012 8:30 pm

Twas summer here for this week with temperatures in the twenties but ... 7 for tomorrow and 4 on the weekend and sn .... no I just cannot say it ( insert crying smiley)
Laura

Postby Smitty » Mar 23, 2012 7:20 am

I feel your pain Laura
Smitty

Postby Elena Zimmerman » Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Lol, we have a similar forecast for Calgary here, slowly climbing from -4 high today to 10 by next Tue, and snow/rain daily, and I think we are in luck! Calgary weather, it sort of teaches you not to ask for much, LOL! Of course we are going to BC on Wed, and their forecast is all rain and +11, while ours is +14 and sunny. Oh, well, you can't make good calls this time of the year.
Elena Zimmerman

Next

Return to Garden Gallery