Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

Alphabet Soup 'R'

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: Alphabet Soup 'R'

Postby Katherine » Apr 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Thank you Remi, I dont, it was here when I moved in, and the original owner is long dead I am afraid. I can go see if there is some seed for you and send it to you. It is a HUGE performer. (I think its been very grateful to be watered after 20 years of no care what so ever). I will be right back.

K
Katherine

Postby Katherine » Apr 01, 2012 4:01 pm

Well Ive brought some old flower heads in and dissected a few, and i don't see anything under the scope that looks like viable seed, I fear its dispersed already, but the flowers are really wet so I've left them on my bench in the lab to dry a bit and I will try and pull the flowers apart again later and see whats what. I have not tried air layering or cuttings on a rhodo before. Perhaps if Sharon can comment on this, if she sees this Q. ??

kat
Katherine

Postby Puff10 » Apr 01, 2012 4:16 pm

thank you so rhodo much, Katherine! You are right. I hope Sharon does see my question!...and if I'm lucky, they would have that specific rhodo in stock and I could purchase one from them...
Puff10

Postby Katherine » Apr 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Well I have a few of hers from seed that she so kindly has sent. She has an amazing collection of all kinds of gorgeous flowering shrubs. I would never have tried to grow Azalea and Rhodo from seed in a million years if it hadnt been for Sharon.
Katherine

Postby Laura » Apr 04, 2012 8:35 am

A bit late but better late than never ....

I went to our old homestead and dug up a root from this rose,my mom's favourite.I guess there are more beautiful ones but the fragrance and color are the best in my book. ....each year when it blooms and I smell that sweet perfume I remember my mom and how when we were younger she would let us pick some petals and make rose water so we girls could have perfume ... love and miss ya Mom.

Rosa Rugosa ....
100_3366pb.jpg

Laura

Postby savona » Apr 04, 2012 11:29 pm

I love the "R"s especially the roses
Attachments
red noid peony.JPG
red noid peony
red twinkle tiger lily.JPG
Red Twinkle Lily
red twinkle tiger lily.JPG (70.64 KiB) Viewed 684 times