Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

Alphabet Soup 'R'

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: Alphabet Soup 'R'

Postby Smitty » Mar 30, 2012 10:14 pm

orchidguy wrote:Clyde,
That is a beautifully coloured iris, and love the story that goes with it
Eeyore wrote:Wow Mare, Love the Rooftop garden. CG should do an article on gardening in unusual spaces..... Very Royal Rambling Rose too.

Reena - those are Really Red Lupins!

They've said it all for me :-D
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby Eeyore » Mar 30, 2012 10:16 pm

Beautiful Iris Clyde. If Rocks weren't so heavy I'd have you mail me a few of those!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Smitty » Mar 30, 2012 10:20 pm

Eeyore wrote:Beautiful Iris Clyde. If Rocks weren't so heavy I'd have you mail me a few of those!

ofcourse!!!!!!!!!!! how could I forget to mention the rocks!! and could you please send hubby here ..Me and Dolly have to haul the rocks here.
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty

Postby Clyde212 » Mar 31, 2012 12:08 pm

DH is very protective of his rocks! :lol: I suppose he has earned it (need smiley). It took 2 years for that iris to flower. You know you might be a bit nuts when you screech to a halt to rescue a plant is spotted in the road. Glad to know here, no one thinks I am nutS!!!!

ANd Smitty, you lend me your husband, I lend you mine....these plumbing issues are killing me :shock:
Montreal Zone 5a/b
Clyde212

Postby Smitty » Mar 31, 2012 6:43 pm

Clyde212 wrote:DH is very protective of his rocks! :lol: I suppose he has earned it (need smiley). It took 2 years for that iris to flower. You know you might be a bit nuts when you screech to a halt to rescue a plant is spotted in the road. Glad to know here, no one thinks I am nutS!!!!

ANd Smitty, you lend me your husband, I lend you mine....these plumbing issues are killing me :shock:

I don't think you're nuts at all..you should see me and Dolly when we go on a road trip rock hunting.......poor old truck goes more in revrse than it goes forwards some times :-0

DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can have my hubby..I will have yours...for a little bit
Smitty

Postby Eeyore » Mar 31, 2012 7:47 pm

Hubby and I are off to Jasper in a few weeks. I told him we should take the car since it is better on gas, he informed me we had to take the truck so we could collect rocks for the pond! :lol: :lol:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby kelly_m » Mar 31, 2012 8:21 pm

What a smart hubby!!!!! :lol:
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Eeyore » Mar 31, 2012 8:47 pm

Yeah, sometimes he surprises me. :P
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Postby Katherine » Apr 01, 2012 12:11 pm

Wow, Late is better than never.....some gorgeous Rs here. Love the Rocks Clyde...I have NO shortage of rocks, all I have to do is dig anywhere. :lol:

Here are my Rs...maybe not so interesting, a big NOID Rhodo, the oldest plant in my garden and the ONLY flowing shrub ( other than native shrubs) that was here when I moved in. It had NO flowers and had not flowered in a while I think. Now its huge and covered every year.....my Rolling Puddy... my little eegity black and white half manx cat named Manxine. AKA Pudd. And Rudies. Of which I have too many.

Rhododendron_MG_4927.jpg

rolling-puddy.jpg

Rudbeckia_MG_0127.jpg
Katherine

Postby Puff10 » Apr 01, 2012 2:39 pm

katherine,

Do you know the name of that spectacular rhodo???? It is an amazing colour! I might be looking at replacing one rhodo I lost last year (my own fault)

Thanks,
Remi
Puff10

PreviousNext

Return to Garden Gallery