Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

Have you seen my gardens?

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: Have you seen my gardens?

Postby Eeyore » Mar 31, 2012 5:24 pm

Okay! Okay! Just hold yer shorts Marc!

Resized_IMG_0690.jpg

Resized692-fix.jpg

Resized687-fix.jpg
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby kelly_m » Mar 31, 2012 5:41 pm

Stunning, Big sis!!!!

I imagine it smells divine back there!!!
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Dumbo » Mar 31, 2012 5:49 pm

Yup, that is nice.

Must be quite the job taking care of all that. No?
Dumbo

Postby CarolynM » Mar 31, 2012 6:54 pm

Very nice!
CarolynM

Postby Eeyore » Mar 31, 2012 7:44 pm

It smells very nice when the Orientals are in bloom. Not so much when the Mountain Ash is blooming. DIL calls it "The Diaper Tree". :lol:

Marc - The whole area is mulched with bark chips so weeding and watering are kept to a minimum. I don't worry a lot about bugs so maintenance really isn't a big issue. Slugs and Sow bugs are the biggest pests. I intend to spread diatomaceous earth this spring and to capture slugs with melon peels. I'm also hoping to find some toads or lizards to control sow bugs.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Northpine » Mar 31, 2012 10:15 pm

I like it Lyn. Have you removed all the grass in your yard? I'm looking at your pictures and thinking I have way too much grass! I would like to make a stone path like that. Don't know what I could plant in between the stones though.
Marie
Zone 1b, Northern MB
One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides. ~W.E. Johns, The Passing Show
Northpine

Postby Scrapinthehat » Mar 31, 2012 10:37 pm

Sometimes when I read your threads I think "she must've been reading my mind!". Seriously, a couple of weeks ago I was thinking how nice it would be to see landscape shots of everyone's spaces. So glad you posted these pics. Nice assortment of plants!
"Better to be a silly girl with a flower, than a silly boy with a horse and a stick."
Jocelyn, a character from A Knight's Tale
Scrapinthehat

Postby Eeyore » Mar 31, 2012 11:58 pm

Hi Marie, there is no grass in th back yard and plans are underway to get rid of the front lawn too. :P
I've got various thymes and mosses between the rocks.

Thanks Tammy!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Postby Dumbo » Apr 04, 2012 8:48 am

@Eeyore
I was looking over the first pictures of your fence & garden and I noticed you have earth/mulch pushed right up to your fence.

Now it's none of my business, but, my fence is rotted out all along the bottom because of this exact same thing (though my neighbour piled it on much higher). The fence should have an inch or two of breathing room (not touching the garden on the side and bottom or water will wick up and rot it. Just saying ;)

Wouldn't want to see you having to spend a grand or two earlier than you should for nothing :P

What has me curious is what do people do/use to keep the earth and mulch from hitting the fence and piling up along it?
Dumbo

Postby Scrapinthehat » Apr 04, 2012 11:05 am

Dumbo...cement grade beams are very popular here. Keeps the dirt off the fence and adds to the its stability as well.
"Better to be a silly girl with a flower, than a silly boy with a horse and a stick."
Jocelyn, a character from A Knight's Tale
Scrapinthehat

PreviousNext

Return to Garden Gallery