Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

~ALPHABET SOUP U-V-W~

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: ~ALPHABET SOUP U-V-W~

Postby Dumbo » Apr 06, 2012 4:52 pm

@earwig
I like the rock wall you have going. I like rock gardens in general.

Do you have more, or better pics to share that you can maybe toss in a new topic to give me some inspiration?
Dumbo

Postby Puff10 » Apr 06, 2012 6:11 pm

1v
2w
Attachments
IMG_0914b.jpg
Wanda
IMG_1094b.jpg
Verbascum
IMG_0928b.jpg
White feather
Puff10

Postby Big Smile » Apr 06, 2012 10:28 pm

Almost at the end of the soup. I will have to do like Laura did, post my V then W.

Northpine , I love your Blue Hosta, blue is my favorite color in the garden.
Your succulent wreath is very pretty. I made one a while ago then gave it to a friend.
Guess I'll have to make another one.

Betty your Bonariensis is amazing, I must start it again . Mine never re-seeds like yours.

Liz, wish I could grow Wisteria. I tried several yrs ago but it didn'r survive.

OK her are some of my Vs
Attachments
VeronicaRoyalCandles.jpg
Veronica Royal Candles
Violets.jpg
Violets
Verbascum.jpg
Verbascum
VeggieGardenJune24.jpg
Veggie Garden
Big Smile

Postby Big Smile » Apr 06, 2012 10:34 pm

Now some Ws

Guess I have gone over quoto but I have so many.

I will make a new file for "Walkways"
Attachments
Waterlily-1.jpg
Waterlily
WalterFunkie.jpg
Walter Funkie
WhiteCentaureaSmall.jpg
White Centaurea
WhiteFilipendula.jpg
White Filipendula
Big Smile

Postby Eeyore » Apr 06, 2012 10:57 pm

Wow! That Royal Candles Veronica is really nice. I'll have to get that one.

Unknown_Daylily.jpg
Unknown Daylily

Valley_Girl.JPG
Valley Girl

Winnipeggy_2.JPG
Winnipeggy
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Heidi S » Apr 07, 2012 2:46 am

I have to include my Ville de Lyon Clemmie - she is gorgeous. I thought she had disappeared and then she was back! She appears to be alive now, I saw signs of buds coming this afternoon.
IMG_7775.jpg

IMG_7755.jpg

and for 'W' some roses:
IMG_7588.jpg
My sweet 'Winnipeg Parks' rose

IMG_7490.jpg
White 'Marie Bugnet' Rose

IMG_7485.jpg
Weeping Crabapple tree
Heidi S,
Prince George, BC
Zone 3!

Master Gardener in Training....
Heidi S

Postby MareE » Apr 07, 2012 6:47 am

Betty, never in Soup till now have I seen an Umbrella Plant displaying how it holds up in the rain! ;o} Verbena growing in wild abandon is a heavenly sight, and a vertical rock garden with plants for chinks is far out! Excellent idea!

Thanks encore en fois for the winsome Wallflowers, Tante!! Your dear Welcome Back! sign is just precious. If I ever live in a house. preferably log cabin, with a verandah, Wisteria will be a must-have. Gorgeous cluster there!

Dan, like Liz, I'm ogling your creeping Veronica. A few years back I bought a small pot of Sweet Woodruff hoping it would spread like wildfire... I mean wildflowers... in the shade of 2 tall Rose of Sharons (Roses of Sharon?) but thinking I should've planted it beneath evergreens for continuous shade. Dividing and relocating at top of tomorrow's garden jobs.... Ooops. Sorta daydreamed off for a spell. ;o}

I'm assuming White Feather is a Hosta, Puff? Whether or not, it would pair stunningly with Marie's Wheaton Blue!

Abother great clump of Veronica for the Soup! Your collections of fleurs are amazing, Clara. Naturally, my eye wandered to your Veggie Garden first. haha Love the Waterlily and exiting frog!

Winnipeggy is truly name of that profusion of Lilies, Lyn? And does Smitty know of its existence? harhar Unknown Daylily looks like peach sherbet.

Your Prince George back garden looks so inviting, Heidi! Ville de Lyon Clemmie is indeed a gorgeous specimen. And does Smitty know about your Winnipeg Parks Rose? If not, she will very soon! ;o}
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby earwig » Apr 07, 2012 6:59 am

I can see it is time to go clematis shopping by the photos of them in this thread.

Dumbo wrote:I like the rock wall you have going. I like rock gardens in general. Do you have more, or better pics to share that you can maybe toss in a new topic to give me some inspiration?

I am not starting a new topic as I am unsure of what you want a better pic of. If you check Garden Projects there is a already discussion and photos of rock gardens there.
As for my rock walls, I just started last fall filling in the cracks so I only have that and one other small area planted.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Puff10 » Apr 07, 2012 7:40 am

Mare,

Indeed, "White feather" is a white leaf Hosta from Vessey Seeds. Later on in the season it changes to light green.
Puff10

Postby CdnChelsea » Apr 07, 2012 8:06 am

Just one "V" for the soup.

Viburnum opulus 'Sterile':
snowball viburnum.JPG

Bloom time ~ June
After a rain, the flowers are so heavy with water, the branches droop to the ground but then stand up again once dried off. Spectacular specimen tree.

"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth
are never alone or weary of life" ~ Rachel Carson
CdnChelsea

PreviousNext

Return to Garden Gallery