Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

First signs of Spring

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: First signs of Spring

Postby Eeyore » Apr 20, 2012 12:23 pm

Gorgeous photos of spring fleurs everyone! I don't have any blooms happening yet but spring is coming although many days still feel like late fall!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
User avatar
Eeyore
 
Posts: 11189
Joined: Nov 14, 2006 10:47 pm
Location: AB, Zone 3A

Re: First signs of Spring

Postby orchidguy » Apr 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Spoke too soon.
Was in the barn at 4:45 as usual, and it was raining. Stepped out at 6:30 and this had started. By the time I got back to the house at 10:30, this is what it looked like.
sno.JPG
sno1.JPG
sno2.JPG
I was hoping this mock orange (Philadelphus) would soon be white with bloom, not with snow
User avatar
orchidguy
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: Aug 26, 2008 7:48 pm

Re: First signs of Spring

Postby Dumbo » Apr 20, 2012 2:51 pm

That sucks.
User avatar
Dumbo
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Feb 06, 2012 11:20 pm
Location: Zone 5

Re: First signs of Spring

Postby Laura » Apr 20, 2012 3:24 pm

Awwww MAN !!
Laura
 
Posts: 5176
Joined: Aug 02, 2008 1:29 pm

Re: First signs of Spring

Postby davefrombc » Apr 20, 2012 3:37 pm

You must be very specific when you ask for your mock orange to be covered in white.
Nature can play cruel jokes on those in northern climes .
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
User avatar
davefrombc
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Dec 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fraser Valley, BC

Re: First signs of Spring

Postby Dumbo » Apr 20, 2012 3:51 pm

On the bright side, it is a nice picture.
User avatar
Dumbo
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Feb 06, 2012 11:20 pm
Location: Zone 5

Re: First signs of Spring

Postby Dumbo » Apr 20, 2012 5:08 pm

the forecast for the Ottawa valley, possibly starting Sunday night and lasting till Tuesday is... SNOW!

Between Sunday and Tuesday it says 7-cm.

Hope it turns out to be only rain. :/
User avatar
Dumbo
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Feb 06, 2012 11:20 pm
Location: Zone 5

Re: First signs of Spring

Postby earwig » Apr 20, 2012 6:27 pm

Dan, your photos are beautiful but what a shame. However, late snow is often called poor man's fertilizer as it seems to make things grow so well afterwards.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
User avatar
earwig
 
Posts: 1989
Joined: Jul 31, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: Zone 5A Nova Scotia

Re: First signs of Spring

Postby Laura » Apr 20, 2012 7:06 pm

Well Dave ... you could always visit the east coast.Spring weather coming here, days and days of rain ... *eye roll*
Laura
 
Posts: 5176
Joined: Aug 02, 2008 1:29 pm

Re: First signs of Spring

Postby davefrombc » Apr 20, 2012 7:14 pm

No thanks Laura .. Maybe Dan would like to though.. LOL We get enough rain here, and normally the white crap stays up on the mountains where it belongs. Looks like we might get a nice Saturday for a change . Sun and cloud with 30% chance of showers tomorrow , but back to 70% chance of showers Sunday .
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
User avatar
davefrombc
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Dec 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fraser Valley, BC

PreviousNext

Return to Garden Gallery

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Follow Style At Home Online

Facebook Activity

Contests

Latest Contests

more contests