Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

I like yellow

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: I like yellow

Postby earwig » May 24, 2012 9:36 am

Big Smile wrote: If you would leave one stem for seed , is that possible?
Certainly is, it is just me remembering to pick, store, and send. Oodles of seedlings from last year as I was not sure if it would get through the winter and let the seeds self sow. I am going to try to transplant a few and will save some seeds this year. By the way it self seeds, it could be used as an annual in the colder zones.

Big Smile wrote:I didn't know there a yellow Magnolia. Is it a tree or shrub.
Yellow Bird is a tree.

I am heading off to visit Sharon in a few minutes with a stop or two at nurseries on the way. Beautiful day here and although tons of work in my own garden to do, visiting Sharons will just inspire me to work harder the rest of the week.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Big Smile » May 24, 2012 10:49 am

earwig wrote:
Big Smile wrote: If you would leave one stem for seed , is that possible?
Certainly is, it is just me remembering to pick, store, and send. Oodles of seedlings from last year as I was not sure if it would get through the winter and let the seeds self sow. I am going to try to transplant a few and will save some seeds this year. By the way it self seeds, it could be used as an annual in the colder zones.

Thanks Betty , make notes of seed saving,,I know , easier said than done.
Big Smile wrote:I didn't know there a yellow Magnolia. Is it a tree or shrub.
Yellow Bird is a tree.

I am heading off to visit Sharon in a few minutes with a stop or two at nurseries on the way. Beautiful day here and although tons of work in my own garden to do, visiting Sharons will just inspire me to work harder the rest of the week.

I'm sure You will find lots of plants in Sharon's garden. Just don't spend all your money :-)
Big Smile

Postby Big Smile » May 24, 2012 9:43 pm

Some yellow flowers blooming in my garden
Attachments
Asphodeline Lutea.jpg
Asphodeline Lutea
Buttercup.jpg
I don't know the name of this plant but its related to the buttercup
IrisfromMargaret.jpg
Iris
Big Smile

Postby earwig » May 25, 2012 5:17 am

Very pretty Clara.

Big Smile wrote:Just don't spend all your money :-)
Difficult to spend any at Sharon's as she and Bill are very generous souls.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Peggy2296 » May 27, 2012 1:23 pm

I'm really enjoying all these lovely pics, but just have to ask: Why would someone not want yellow in the garden? I saw this mentioned and I'm curious.
Peggy2296

Postby Big Smile » May 27, 2012 2:32 pm

Peggy2296 wrote:I'm really enjoying all these lovely pics, but just have to ask: Why would someone not want yellow in the garden? I saw this mentioned and I'm curious.

Peggy , its not that I don't want any yellow in the garden but too much yellow can be over powering. Yellow is not my favorite colour but I do like some yellow in the garden , just not too much.
Clara
Big Smile

Postby Eeyore » May 27, 2012 3:11 pm

Beautiful yellows! I am fond of yellow myself but have no yellows blooming just yet.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby johnjf » May 30, 2012 6:17 pm

very nice! I love pretty much all colors as long as it brightens up my garden some how.
I'm a freelance web designer/front-end developer who loves the outdoors
Follow me on Pinterest http://pinterest.com/johnjrfisher/
johnjf

Postby A Closet Canuck » May 31, 2012 7:51 pm

Last year I bought a German bearded iris: 'Harlow Gold' which is really yellow. It is a mid-size iris with blooms that are close to the foliage.

Mine did not bloom this year because of the weather. Here is a link, though, to see what it looks like. It might be right up your alley, Betty.

http://www.riverbendnursery.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=plants.plantDetail&plant_id=4754
Trish in Iowa -- -- ..zone 5b or 6a
------When your feet hit the floor each morning,
---------be the kind of woman about whom

---------the devil says, "[/code]Oh no! She's up!"
A Closet Canuck

Previous

Return to Garden Gallery