Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

Just Picked 14 June

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: Just Picked 14 June

Postby Mygrandmeresgarden » Jun 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Beautiful Rose and Peony! My peony is just starting to bud. Some of my roses are blooming. I can't grow any kind of Tea Rose where I am...well I guess I could for the summer and bring it in...I've done that before with a mini Rose.
Mygrandmeresgarden

Re: Just Picked 14 June

Postby A Closet Canuck » Jun 18, 2012 8:50 am

B_BQ wrote:Yes, I know. It's odd though, I've tried, unsuccessfuly, to grow both 'Blaze' (3 times) and 'Don Juan' (twice) over the years. They both succumbed. I did some research and came across this one, which is supposed to be hardy to Zone 5. I can only say that it survived its 1st year! But then, we had a very mild winter here. Hopefully it will grow really strong roots before winter sets in again and survive!
~BBQ

I've not had good luck with 'Blaze' and 'Don Juan' here, either. The cross-breeding has probably eliminated the defects of both. Am considering 'Red Fountain' after seeing your post - this gardener does best with both "disease-resistant" and "hardy". LOL Plus, 'Red Fountain' is supposed to be a strong continual bloomer. One can't ask for more than that.
Trish in Iowa -- -- ..zone 5b or 6a
------When your feet hit the floor each morning,
---------be the kind of woman about whom

---------the devil says, "[/code]Oh no! She's up!"
A Closet Canuck

Previous

Return to Garden Gallery