Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

Just Picked 14 June

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: Just Picked 14 June

Postby Mygrandmeresgarden » Jun 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Beautiful Rose and Peony! My peony is just starting to bud. Some of my roses are blooming. I can't grow any kind of Tea Rose where I am...well I guess I could for the summer and bring it in...I've done that before with a mini Rose.

Re: Just Picked 14 June

Postby A Closet Canuck » Jun 18, 2012 8:50 am

B_BQ wrote:Yes, I know. It's odd though, I've tried, unsuccessfuly, to grow both 'Blaze' (3 times) and 'Don Juan' (twice) over the years. They both succumbed. I did some research and came across this one, which is supposed to be hardy to Zone 5. I can only say that it survived its 1st year! But then, we had a very mild winter here. Hopefully it will grow really strong roots before winter sets in again and survive!

I've not had good luck with 'Blaze' and 'Don Juan' here, either. The cross-breeding has probably eliminated the defects of both. Am considering 'Red Fountain' after seeing your post - this gardener does best with both "disease-resistant" and "hardy". LOL Plus, 'Red Fountain' is supposed to be a strong continual bloomer. One can't ask for more than that.
Trish in Iowa -- -- 5b or 6a
------When your feet hit the floor each morning,
---------be the kind of woman about whom

---------the devil says, "[/code]Oh no! She's up!"
A Closet Canuck

Return to Garden Gallery