Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

A few Garden photos

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

A few Garden photos

Postby Eeyore » Jun 24, 2012 11:03 pm

A few things are in bloom now so thought I'd take some pictures.

We had to take a lilac out of this corner and rather than replace it we thought we'd use the space for another little theme garden.
IMG_3693.JPG
Coral Bell Corner

Love the colour of this Dahlia. It's soooo happy.
IMG_3698.JPG
Dahlia - Sunshine

Too bad these don't last longer. I'm counting 12 buds this year so I should have a couple of weeks of bloom I think.
IMG_3684.JPG
Poppy - Royal Wedding
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Re: A few Garden photos

Postby B_BQ » Jun 25, 2012 8:23 am

Nice job! I bet it was hard work removing the lilac!
I've got a couple, inherited, that annoy me. They don't bloom. There have been two blooms in 6 years, but hundreds of suckers! If I had a strong back I'd tackle them. I've really pruned them a lot this year, and if they don't do a better job next year I'll get someone in to send them to the funeral pyre!
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Re: A few Garden photos

Postby Eeyore » Jun 25, 2012 10:11 am

Fortunately for us it was a young lilac. One of the non-suckering varieties. It developed a large split in the trunk. I was sad to see it go but with the neighbour being allergic I thought it best not to replace it since it is very close to their deck and kitchen window. Unfortunately I am seeing the same situation with the one at the back of my yard as well. I'm just hoping the split does not progress any further.

Brenda, you can either rejuevenate those lilacs or if you really want to get rid of them I'd cut them off and use round-up on them.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Return to Garden Gallery