Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

A very good season for butterflies!

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: A very good season for butterflies!

Postby bluebird » Jul 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Of course Smitty! Just make sure you visit when the garden is a-blooming in the summer...or else we'll just have a view of mostly mud and sticks! :lol:

Your Adiron...er...uh..I spell it m-u-s-k-o-k-a chair is at the ready...see it there by the potting shed?

bluebird

Postby maryjanej » Jul 26, 2012 1:55 am

Nice gardens Carol,
You're place looks very welcoming with lots of seating areas.
No wonder you have so many lovely visitors. I see you have one below your birdfeeder a black squirrel getting some of your seeds lol...
Mary-Jane
maryjanej

Postby Smitty » Jul 26, 2012 9:25 am

muskoka.........duh...why didn't I think of that...much easier to spell!! I see it way in back next to the shed and that beauty of a white birch?? perfect spot....winter gardens are pretty too but I prefer my muskoka chair in the sunroom with a cuppa hot chocolate for those times.
at a friends house yesterday , stealing cherries and admiring her gardens....she has 10 monarch chrysalis just about ready to open into the beauties!! I was sooooooooooooo jealous...hopefully when I tell granddaughters this story it will make up for the one they found in my grill and gave me 7734 for! like it was my fault
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby bluebird » Jul 26, 2012 4:49 pm

Thanks Mary-Jane...now only if I had time to sit down out there myself-laf! Yes, lots of visitors and some of the four-footted furry kind...rabbits and squirrels. The squirrels are easy to deal with as you can see that big squirrel and raccoon proof bird pole. It's paid for itself in saved seeds! The squirrels are welcome to anything that falls below-lol.

The rabbits and I have come to an agreement. They quit eating my perennials and I plant clover for them which they can enjoy until my Golden is in the yard and then it's run for the bushes everyone! :lol:

Smitty I sure miss that Muskoka chair we used to have in our greenhouses in the winter at our old place...sipping morning cupachat under a palm tree! Sunroom sounds perfect!
oooh..I'm envious of your chance to see the monarch chrysalis! Now there's a Kodak moment! (Grandkids will forgive you I'm sure! :lol: )
bluebird

Postby AdamB » Aug 01, 2012 10:37 am

My, I still can’t see those uploaded images but I bet they all look really pretty.
AdamB

Previous

Return to Garden Gallery