Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

What would you call this Calla?

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: What would you call this Calla?

Postby RubyTuesday49 » Sep 24, 2012 11:51 am

I must try a Calla (or 2? LOL) next year! I love them. Thanks for the info on how you take yours in for the winter. We do get some -20 c (-4 F) but mostly our winters are around +5 to - 5 C (41 to 23 F) - Zone 6. This Spring I was digging through a planter pot getting it ready for planting and I found a couple of "things" which I discovered were Begonia tubers! I shoved them back in but really didn't expect anything and they turned out great! Would you recommend buying the Callas as plants from a Nursery or buying the "bulbs" ?
Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration.
RubyTuesday49

Postby otnorot » Sep 24, 2012 2:49 pm

this is one I got from Home Depot about three or four years ago in the month of February and it took me a year to get it adjusted to growing at the proper time. So I would suggest you get the bulbs.
otnorot

Postby RubyTuesday49 » Sep 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Wow! That's an amazing colour!! I will take your advice and keep my eyes open for a Calla Bulb! I'll do a little research as to how to grow them. There's always something to learn about!
Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration.
RubyTuesday49

Previous

Return to Garden Gallery