Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

Identifying plants - Second

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Identifying plants - Second

Postby HalM » Aug 27, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi,

Attached is a second plant that I am trying to identify.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This one has sprouted up on several different areas on the property. I was wondering if it was an ornamental grass.

Thanks,
Hal
Attachments
Plant 2b (1280x960).jpg
Plant 2a (1280x960).jpg
HalM

Re: Identifying plants - Second

Postby soccermomof3 » Aug 28, 2014 9:05 am

Maybe a lily? Are you just seeing them for the first time (are you new to this home), or have you seen them in past years? Just wondered if they were trying to grow back and just didn't get flowers this year.
soccermomof3

Postby HalM » Aug 28, 2014 7:42 pm

We've been at this home for several years now. These few popped up in my vegetable garden this year. I decided to let them grow to see what happened. There are others that have come up over the years around the property but I've never seen any flowers on them.
HalM

Postby Countryboy » Aug 30, 2014 3:56 pm

I have patches of something similar looking that I call that my Clump Grass. In a garden I'm establishing, I leave it there 'til I need the space. It doesn't seem to spread by runners so it's fairly easy to week. If you see it coming up in seed stalks you might want to harvest them so the seed doesn't spread. Or it might be something else. lol
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Return to Garden Gallery