Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

My Big project for the year - Done!! Pics P.10 (5)

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

Postby Lindamct » May 19, 2008 5:06 pm

:D Gotta love those helpers! :)
Lindamct

Postby Grannygardener » May 19, 2008 5:16 pm

Kelly, your garden reminds me of when I dug up my front yard a few years ago. You're going to have fun for the next couple of years trying different things. A really good reason to do your own seeding and growing. It's going to be really nice. Edie
I've spent most of my time in the garden,the rest I've wasted. Edie Zone4A, Ont.
Grannygardener

Postby kelly_m » May 19, 2008 5:36 pm

Thanks Edie...I am looking forward to the next couple of years of playing...certainly will keep me out of trouble!! :wink:
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Katherine » May 19, 2008 9:02 pm

It took me a while to read through all the posts, but thats a nice looking front bed, there Kelly. The soil looks very nice. And lots of room.

kat
Katherine

Postby kelly_m » May 19, 2008 10:18 pm

HA! Lotsa room??? In other words, how the h-e-doublehockeysticks are ya gonna fill it??? :wink:

Kwondering herself...
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

Postby evepet » May 20, 2008 7:47 am

Kelly wrote:HA! Lotsa room??? In other words, how the h-e-doublehockeysticks are ya gonna fill it??? :wink:

Kwondering herself...

Ah... but just think of all the fun you'l have in the process! Thinking about what you're going to use, and arranging the plants ... then watching things grow....(at least for me) is the FUN part! (Do you have any nice neighbors who are dividing plants at present ??? LOL). You've practically got all the hard grunt work done. :D Great job. Looking forward to more pics of your 'work in progress'.
evepet

Postby kelly_m » May 20, 2008 9:31 am

Yeah....that is the fun part evepet! I know for sure I want a flowering crab in there....even know where it is going!! Unfortunately though, my neighbours are not dividing, so I will be using lots of seed and a few other things...there will be beebalm...mine needs dividing!LOL

And there are also all the end of season sales......and.....OMG you got me excited now!!! I can't wait to get my next load of topsoil!!!!
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

Postby murphy » Jun 17, 2008 8:47 pm

how are things going kelly....got any updates or new pictures...would love to see how things are coming along. :D
murphy

Postby kelly_m » Jun 17, 2008 9:51 pm

Would love to give you more....could show pics of the quack grass growing in it?!

Since I am getting the soil for free, and from my X....I can't be too demanding and he works on his own schedule...no one elses....

So...am still waiting...while I start to pot up plants that (already ) need dividing from my other gardens....at this rate I will be partaking in the end of season sales!!!LOL
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

Postby bluewillow » Jun 18, 2008 1:51 pm

Kelly wrote:Ven...we all know how you love those weeds!!LOL

HC....thanks...One more load of dirt and then the fun stuff...sat staring at it for a while today (since it's raining and can't do much!!)

Linda...here's the most recent!

Really taking shape Kelly. You'll be finished in no time flat. Looking great!

bw
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

PreviousNext

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas