Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

Our big project this year - Progress report on page 3!

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

Postby Scrapinthehat » May 05, 2008 11:38 am

Hope that the "Twisty Tree", as I like to call it, works out for you. I was hoping to get one this year, but I've already taken on more projects than anticipated (all those mini roses must've put me over budget...lol). Definitely in the plans for next year though. You'll have to let me know how it does for you. Happy planting!
Scrapinthehat

Postby Eeyore » May 05, 2008 1:02 pm

I'm going to Greenlands on Thursday and I'll price out that tree. It may be the only planting I do this year! :? ... Except for the 2 Daylilies I bought yesterday and the stuff I started from seed... presuming it actually grows!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Scrapinthehat » May 05, 2008 11:32 pm

I think I'll have to learn about growing from seed...this gardening obsession is getting costly.
Scrapinthehat

Postby MareE » May 07, 2008 12:17 pm

Brilliant work-in-progress, Lyn! Future gkids are really gonna love your garden(s). I'm loving all the advice you're receiving. Ven's twisted, corkscrewed whatever is a simply amazing locust/hazel whatever. heh heh

Vicariously exhausted MareE;o} yet to get the Garden Claw® revved up!
MareE

Postby Eeyore » May 07, 2008 12:22 pm

MareE, I think I have some room in there for the Birdhouse Gourds wouldn't you agree?

Scrap - aren't all obsessions costly????
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby MareE » May 07, 2008 12:41 pm

Yes, indeedy, Lyn. A prime climber for the rambunctious vinery would be the chainlink fence presently affording unlovely glimpses of neighbour's Tahoe Lite trailer. teehee

MareE hedging that if it's your trailer, it's a beaut of course! ;o}
MareE

Postby Eeyore » May 07, 2008 3:32 pm

'Tis our trailer but a privy screen would be most welcome!
The fence shall be adorned woth Sweet Peas and BHG's then!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Postby Scrapinthehat » May 07, 2008 4:06 pm

Well Eeyore...I guess you're right there. Scrapbooking is very expensive too. Guess that's why I only really do one at a time...don't have time or money for both simultaneously.
Scrapinthehat

Postby Venice » May 07, 2008 6:15 pm

hhhehe all hobbys are pricey!!! yes, thank god the dollar store carries scrap booking stuff, but it still adds up.

Although my gardening habit, will never outspend hubby's fishing/boat habit hehehe. Every time I buy a pack of seeds or bulbs and he says something, I say just think of it as a 'lure' you can never have too many of them apparently hehehe.

Ven
Venice

Postby Eeyore » May 07, 2008 10:07 pm

Ven, you're hilarious and absolutely right on the money! I can't even begin to spend (well maybe I could!) the money on my garden that he spends in gas for his bird watching trips! i justify my garden money by telling him it improves "his" backyard and attracts more birds! :lol:

Scrap - you need 2 money jars and rememeber that any loose change you find while you are cleaning up or doign laundry is all fair game!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

PreviousNext

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas