Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

One more project...

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

One more project...

Postby Scrapinthehat » Jun 01, 2008 9:28 pm

This area along my driveway used to be all grass. This is my version of "neighbor-b-gone"! Hope it works. Planted up with a dogwood at the very back, then a annabell hydrangea (too small to see here) then alternating barberries and roses, followed by 3 potentilla and a lime barbarry to anchor the end. I hope the prickly plantings and the large rocks are a big enough deterrent... :roll:
Attachments
driveway3.jpg
Scrapinthehat

Postby Meggylou » Jun 01, 2008 9:40 pm

hehehe looks great and the idea behind it is fantastic!
subtle yet gets the point across.
Meggylou

Postby Scrapinthehat » Jun 01, 2008 9:57 pm

meggylou...last week I just had the plants in the ground...no bark or rocks. Sadly, I still had bicycle wheels driving through that area....from their property to mine.

Also, I wanted to do something that would tie the two yards together somewhat...these rocks seem like the perfect solution as you can see rocks under their shrubs too.

I wonder if I'd get into trouble for laying barbed wire in the bark?! :twisted:
Scrapinthehat

Postby Sheikea » Jun 02, 2008 10:00 am

LOL oh go for it girl.Nothing worse then kids that are disrepectful of ones property.Or you could put a sign up that reads STAY OUT OF THE FLOWERBEDS.SPRAYED WITH POISON...Hehehe.. :lol:
Sheikea

Postby Eeyore » Jun 03, 2008 11:59 am

It looks great Scrap. I'd put up a temporary snow fence until the shrubs grow enough to keep the damn kids off the lawn! It's ugly but it should get the point across.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Scrapinthehat » Jun 03, 2008 12:11 pm

All is good since I added the rocks to the border and in between each shrub...also...I put up SEVERAL "video surveillance" stickers around the property...and the family received a warning about trespassing from the local police :shock: . It's a bit quieter here....for now.
Scrapinthehat

Postby evepet » Jun 03, 2008 12:12 pm

It looks really nice Scrap. Surely anybody would take the hint now not to ride through there. (Sounds like the neighbors need to teach their kids some lessons about respecting other's property).
evepet

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas