Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

New Garden - update

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

Re: New Garden - update

Postby MareE » Oct 26, 2008 11:36 am

"For me, gardening is the greatest of all human achievements. Microchips, lasers, fiber optics—these inventions pale beside the domestication of plants. Gardeners harness the sun. Ours is an alchemy more precious than turning lead to gold. We can turn sunlight into sugar. Plants, of course, have been photosynthesizing without our help for some 450 million years; we only learned to make the most of it 10,000 years ago. But no discovery before or since has made such a difference. With the invention of gardening, the human species blossomed...Ours is the mother-of-all-skills." ~Roger B. Swain

That's some swanky shed, Lyn!

MareE;o} who loves quoting, too, Peter2008, but always with credit to the author. There are some people here, myself included, who frown at this practice of quoting without credit to the author. Just a gentle nudge. Have a great Sunday. mw
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby Lindamct » Oct 26, 2008 11:52 am

MareE;o} who loves quoting, too, Peter2008, but always with credit to the author. There are some people here, myself included, who frown at this practice of quoting without credit to the author. Just a gentle nudge. Have a great Sunday. mw

Ditto that Mare :roll: :)
Lindamct

Postby Eeyore » Oct 27, 2008 10:37 am

Thanks MareE. Shed inspired by John Deere! That entire back area has now been lasagna'd in preparation for garden expansion next year.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby B_BQ » Nov 03, 2008 9:39 am

Well done Lyn & DH.
That's a mammoth task you've undertaken, but with patience and care you will have a wonderful haven.
PS I also love your shed - so bright and colourful! I am not that brave though, and painted mine French Vanilla and White!!!! :roll:
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Eeyore » Nov 03, 2008 10:49 am

Thanks Brenda, hubby didn't want those colours but I think he's happy with it now. It's drab and grey a lot of the year so I insisted on something bright and colourful. Your French Vanilla and white shed really suits the location you have it in. I don't think this would look good there. :lol:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Previous

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas