Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

The new Garden Part II

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

Re: The new Garden Part II

Postby Eeyore » Nov 03, 2008 4:24 pm

Thanks Edie and Sheila! I'm looking forward to actually doing it.
Edie, I could paint the hydrant the same colours as the shed. :lol:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby orchidguy » Nov 03, 2008 5:41 pm

Lookin' good Lyn

I'm anxious to see it planted. That shed will be a wonderful focal point once it is set back with all the plants in the foreground. It will become the hidden treasure in that vista. Do you plan on growing any vines up against the fence? Do you want to keep all the plants around the stepping stones on the short side? Inquiring minds want to know.
orchidguy

Postby Eeyore » Nov 03, 2008 11:22 pm

That fence is on the west side Don, so it's unlikely I will plant vines on it. A climbing hydragea would be nice but I don't think it's hardy in our zone. Although it is the dampest part of the yard in the spring there is a lot of competition for water from the birch and cedars on the other side of the fence. The plants closest to the path will likely be daylilies and perennials under 2 feet although nothing is decided for sure yet.
I am considering an obelisk with clemmies on it to offset the one on the other side. I would not put them directly opposite each other though.I had thought of an arbour but we need to be able to trundle the wagon to the shed so that's out.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Previous

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas