Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

What to do with Dome Greenhouse?

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

What to do with Dome Greenhouse?

Postby cadonn » Mar 16, 2009 9:54 am

Hello. I am a new gardener and just received a Dome Greenhouse from Canadian Tire. I am not sure what to do with it exactly. By that I mean, is it too early to start my plants in it? I have a lot of seeds and am in Zone 5 (Ottawa, ON). I don't know if I can leave the plants outside over evening - if someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate the help.

Cathy
cadonn

Re: What to do with Dome Greenhouse?

Postby Smitty » Mar 16, 2009 9:58 am

still too early to be starting anything in an outdoor greenhouse unless you have some heat in it. Is it a little portable one?? could you not set it up in house and start seeds indoors and move out when it gets warmer?
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby cadonn » Mar 16, 2009 10:03 am

Thank you for replying so quickly. It is quite large but I might see if I can put it together and then move it outside when the weather warms up. Maybe I can set it up and leave in the front of my window and start my seeds now?

Cathy
cadonn

Postby Smitty » Mar 16, 2009 10:06 am

I would if possible. IMHO the time to start seeds is now
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty

Postby Eeyore » Mar 16, 2009 10:42 am

Is that the one with wire shelves and the plastic cover? If so, I would start the seeds indoors as Smitty suggests and then move it later. That's what I have done with mine but I have no room to set it up this year. :cry:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Sheikea » Mar 17, 2009 9:58 am

I have a portable one as well and use it in the house although Ihave not set mine up and thats why I couldbe having trouble with my seeds this year.I better get at it and as for the dome shaped one I want that one as well..On the hunt here thanks for the tip where its at.. :)
Sheikea

Postby cadonn » Mar 17, 2009 1:20 pm

I can actually walk in it - my husband bought it at Canadian Tire. I think it was something like 299.00 but we got it on sale for 50. A great deal - I think it was left over from last year and there was only one.

Thanks.

Cathy
cadonn

Postby Sheikea » Mar 18, 2009 9:46 am

Now thats a steal of a deal... :D
Sheikea

Postby Smitty » Mar 18, 2009 9:51 am

oh my...wish I'd found that deal!
Smitty

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas