Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

Help me come up with a plan...

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

Re: Help me come up with a plan...

Postby Rupietoot » Feb 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Just butting in here after reading the previous posts - Virginia creeper can be very invasive if you let it. I have one growing on the northeast side of a deck and it it growing under the deck in the sand! I get under there (it is high enough) every spring and fall and cut and pull lots away. I love it for the privacy but it can be a pain in the astilbe. As for lilies of the vally - I love them dearly but they will run everywhere they can...

What you have done in the side looks lovely - gardening is trial and error sometimes and is very forgiving. The main thing is to have fun and not to be afraid to experiment. The only thing I wish that I had done was find out which plants were invasive before I planted them....

Susan :)
Rupietoot

Postby adayinthecountry » Feb 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Hi, You have a great back yard and a nice area to work with especially with the trees , so an option for sun and shade gardening.
I am a big fan of www.houzz.com for inspiration (click on Landscaping ideas) and of www.pintrest.com for more inspiration. I hope it helps.
A few raised garden beds would also work nicely in your back yard.
adayinthecountry

Postby adayinthecountry » Feb 23, 2012 5:59 pm

Somehow I missed the picture which shows you already have raised garden beds :-)
I was thinking a nice long row of Annabell Hydrangeas, white Delphiniums, White peonies (or any color you like of course) and Hosta's would make a beautiful 'cool' garden against the gray fence and green background with a climbing Clematis like Josephine...so pretty.
adayinthecountry

Previous

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas