Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

New sod care? plant ideas?

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

Re: New sod care? plant ideas?

Postby pulkit10 » Aug 05, 2011 4:41 pm

I think so too. The sod is recovering now and the front yard looks a lot better so this is definitely helping. I tried the soil saturation thing as well. Thanks guys! =)

as for the sunburn thing...hmm I'm not sure but after my personal experience I don't think I'd recommend watering when the suns out and it's 30 degrees...didn't go too well for me or that's what I'm assuming. That said, I do think it'll be fine if you water it when it's cool outside.
pulkit10

Postby newsodguy » Jul 28, 2013 11:27 am

B_BQ wrote:
Smitty wrote:I find those oscillating ones crap out way too easy and you're left watering just a we spot as the thing stands straight up.

Wow! You've been really unlucky. The one I'm using is 5 years old, (Canadian Tire), and it hasn't even needed a new washer! I use mine to water my raised beds every other day where I have all my tomato plants. We do have an in-ground sprinkler system, but the tomatoes need much more water than the sprinkler system gives them twice a week.

~BBQ[/quote

I agree! I have a rectangular lawn (30'x50']and find the oscillating (back and forth) ones far superior. It has adjustments for flow control, width and length of spray pattern and only cost $30. We have a crushed red shale pathway beside the lawn so its easy to see the water line and I put several small containers around the yard. The dispersion is perfect.
newsodguy

Postby Jersm » Jul 28, 2013 12:28 pm

if its new sod patches its probably just beacause you had to cut the roots to transplant sod.

it would take a year(many months) at least to establish the sod like it never moved. I think its expected to get some die off on just about anything newly harvested and transplanted. (cuttings roots)
Jersm

Previous

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas