Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

solar led light kit for Pagoda Lantern

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

solar led light kit for Pagoda Lantern

Postby RubyTuesday49 » Sep 24, 2012 11:54 pm

I bought this cement Pagoda Garden lantern / statue and I would like to put a little led light inside it and have a small solar pad outside powering it. Does anyone know where I can get one? Tried Googling it but so far haven't found one.
Attachments
Pagoda garden ornament sml.jpg
Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration.
RubyTuesday49

Re: solar led light kit for Pagoda Lantern

Postby Dumbo » Sep 25, 2012 12:59 am

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/2 ... ?locale=en

Seems to be the only thing I can find with an external (wired) solar panel. 50$

Or you can place these around the base of in in the garden:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/produ ... 8547947629

50 bucks as well.

1st one seems better suited for what you want to do.

I'm not sure if you could buy the 1.99 solar lights from Rona (or walmart, or other), take it apart and somehow run a wire to the bulb while keeping the solar panel outside in the light. Will cost you $1.99 to find out and then take it apart to see if it can be done.

I'm not seeing anything smaller.
The internet is a very, very, serious entity created solely for commercial gains.
Canadian Gardening made me a hardcore separatist
Dumbo

Postby Marsher » Sep 25, 2012 10:00 am

I agree.... if you are handy with Magivering things that is the way too go. One thing I would try to avoid is mounting the Solar panel right on the piece ( I think it detracts from the appearance). I would mount the panel off the side on a small post or such and run wire to the light
Located Brantford Ontario Zone 5 B
Marsher

Postby CdnChelsea » Sep 25, 2012 10:02 am

Love your new Pagoda! My old Pagoda is very similar to yours. : )

Sorry, not trying to hijack your post Ruby, but I too have been looking for a way to light up the windows in my old Pagoda.

IMG_0397.JPG

Marc, $50. is too expensive for me but maybe at this time of the year, there could be some good sales on solar lights. Fifty per cent off would be ideal. I have the day off work so I will go looking.

"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth
are never alone or weary of life" ~ Rachel Carson
CdnChelsea

Postby RubyTuesday49 » Sep 25, 2012 11:40 pm

Your Pagoda lantern is very similar to mine! I love it! I was thrilled to find mine at a local Flea Market - for $18! It's about 24" tall. $50 is too rich for me - I will have to maybe try buying a cheap one from Wally World and then try to figure out how to re-vamp it. I agree - I don't want to detract from the Pagoda so I will put the solar panel somewhere close by. I don't know how to do this but I'm up for the challenge!! ;-)
RubyTuesday49

Postby Daleatton » Aug 23, 2013 4:05 am

Dumbo wrote:http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/2/OutdoorLiving/GardenLighting/SolarGardenLights/PRDOVR~0526784P/NOMA+Solar+Panel+%26+LED+Hanging+Light.jsp?locale=en

50 bucks as well.

I'm not sure if you could buy the 1.99 solar lights from Rona (or walmart, or other), take it apart and somehow run a wire to the bulb while keeping the solar panel outside in the light. Will cost you $1.99 to find out and then take it apart to see if it can be done.

I'm not seeing anything smaller.

Thanks for sharing the lighting kit.. I have been searching for a while and now I will try to find similar one very soon
Daleatton

Postby Daleatton » Aug 24, 2013 12:25 pm

Daleatton wrote:
Dumbo wrote:http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/2/OutdoorLiving/GardenLighting/SolarGardenLights/PRDOVR~0526784P/NOMA+Solar+Panel+%26+LED+Hanging+Light.jsp?locale=en

50 bucks as well.

I'm not sure if you could buy the 1.99 solar led lighting from Rona (or walmart, or other), take it apart and somehow run a wire to the bulb while keeping the solar panel outside in the light. Will cost you $1.99 to find out and then take it apart to see if it can be done.

I'm not seeing anything smaller

Thanks for sharing the kit.. I have been searching for a while and now I will try to find similar one very soon
Daleatton

Postby VernonVega » Dec 21, 2013 3:40 am

RubyTuesday49 wrote:I bought this cement Pagoda Garden lantern / statue and I would like to put a little led light inside it and have a small solar pad outside powering it. Does anyone know where I can get one? Tried Googling it but so far haven't found one.

Thread is bit old but have you got the light? I would love to get similar light if it is worth.. Please share small review.
VernonVega

Postby RubyTuesday49 » Dec 22, 2013 2:38 am

A fellow told me at Rona that every Spring they get what I was looking for - but they go quickly - I went there every few days and they never did get them in. The fellow said for some reason they didn't come in! So, I'm still looking!! :-)
RubyTuesday49

Postby VernonVega » Dec 22, 2013 1:34 pm

VernonVega wrote:
RubyTuesday49 wrote:I bought this cement Pagoda Garden lantern / statue and I would like to put a little led light inside it and have a small solar panels pad outside powering it. Does anyone know where I can get one? Tried Googling it but so far haven't found one.

Thread is bit old but have you got the light? I would love to get similar light if it is worth.. Please share small review.
VernonVega

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas