Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

WAAAA Mare

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: WAAAA Mare

Postby Catherine » Nov 21, 2008 5:20 pm

K - That's your cupboard? Can I come live with you for the winter??? And be your new best friend? All that's in my cupboard is food and dishes...
Cath - wondering how one toasts a cheese puff???
If two loaves of bread are all you have left, you ahould sell one and buy hyacinths to feed your soul.........Arabic proverb
Catherine

Postby Laura » Nov 21, 2008 6:24 pm

Catherine wrote:Cath - wondering how one toasts a cheese puff???

You put your puff on a stick and toast it lightly over the fire . . . my mom taught me to do this because even as a kid I was not that fond of sweets.
Laura

Postby kelly_m » Nov 21, 2008 7:15 pm

Cath...that's my Emergency winter stash!!LOL

Hey you can come over any time!!! As my new bestest friend, you'll have to put up with my big sis, though.....she can be a bit..... :twisted:

Oh...Lyn...how'd it go at the hairdressers???? :wink:
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Eeyore » Nov 22, 2008 12:15 am

I feel glamerous after the hair dressers but what are you doing sharing my stash???? LOL! Oh alright, if Cath has brownies I'll share!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby kelly_m » Nov 22, 2008 11:17 am

If you're feeling glamorous, you won't be wanting to hang out with us hicks.... 8)

Ktrying to hoard
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Eeyore » Nov 22, 2008 7:35 pm

Oh sure I will, I'll never be too good for youse guys!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Pansy » Nov 22, 2008 10:57 pm

OK girls I'm back! Time to stop pussy-footing around & really get this parrrrty on the move.

That is unless you are all partied out.Love the idea of beer battered shrimp.Good thinking K.

Seems like everyone has had enough shrimp...for themselves & for me.That makes me smile.

We had a great time,ate too much,had too many beers & walked for 3 days straight...while DH

sat his arse on a bench & watched the ladies.Watched the fireworks over the Falls on Friday night

from our 6th floor window.The only thing that would have made it better is if all you guys came along.
Pansy
Zone 5 B
Pansy

Postby Eeyore » Nov 24, 2008 12:12 am

The only thing that would have made it better is if all you guys came along.

Hmmm, I wonder if DH would agree.... :P
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Postby MareE » Nov 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Pansy wrote:We had a great time,ate too much,had too many beers & walked for 3 days straight...

You mean you walked three days straight as in sober or as in a straight line such as in beeline, Pansy? guffaw

Hope you got a taste of Laura's monster lobster along with some tortured shrimp, Pansy!

Note to Lyn. When Road Trip gets off blocks, mebbe we should have an OPP/RCMP occifer give our dear driver a breathylizer(sp) test? [kiddink FHFF! Delirious that you had an excellent second honeymoon, including fireworks!]

Chuckling Mare;o} wondering how three separate simultaneous partays©olivia happened! YIKES and winks...

Don't know how that big white expanse happened. Just consider it my rendition of albino Chia Mice in a blinding blizzard...

[/color][/size][/b]
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence