Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

xmas toy info

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: xmas toy info

Postby evepet » Nov 25, 2008 4:36 pm

LeeInEdmonton wrote:Evepet: The ducks & frogs are roughly 6" tall x 8" long. The rail hand cart is overall about 8" tall x 11" long. For some perspective of size the wheels are 2" in diameter (if you click on the pic...it enlarges).
Everything is built from patterns in a book "Animated Toys" by David Wakefield except the alligator which is my own design. I also like to fool around with the author's designs. If you look closely at the ducks, the one on the left is as per the author's plans. The one on the right differs in that the wings are seperate from the body & of cantrasting wood. Also the head is seperate so that when pulled the duck not only waddles but quacks as well.

Lee

Thank you Lee. That helps to get a better idea. :) They are truly special. Something that a child can enjoy now, but well constructed so they'll have it well into the future. It's wonderful that you do this for needy children.
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.' W.C. Fields
evepet

Postby jazz » Nov 25, 2008 9:23 pm

Thanks everyone. I found exactly what I was looking for at cdn tire.

And Lee it warms my heart that yu make such lovely toys for children less fortunate. Jazz
jazz

Postby MareE » Nov 26, 2008 8:33 am

You may be a self-professed cynical old fart, but can I have the duck that quacks, Lee? As a former needy child and same somewhat in adult stage. laffs Wondrous toys! You do GOOD, Santa apprentice!

Trying to politically correct. You'd prolly bristle at being called an elf.

Jazz, good to know you found what you were looking for.

MareE;o}
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby Eeyore » Nov 26, 2008 11:07 am

I want the guys on the railcar! Very nice toys Lee.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence