Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

other forums you belong to?

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

other forums you belong to?

Postby Trailblaze1 » Nov 24, 2008 8:13 am

non-gardening ones, I mean.

I belong to three soapmaking forums, Craftster, a knitting one and a Buddhist one.....but some days would just like to talk to different kinds of topics, kwim?
if you care to recommend any, I'd be most grateful.
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Re: other forums you belong to?

Postby butterfly » Nov 24, 2008 8:29 am

Wow

I don't know how any one could chat that much on that many forums

This one and another once in a while is enough

I don't have time

I bet 2 doxen people have asked me to join Face book what ever

No thanks so please no one invite me to any of these chatter forums

I don't agree with Face Book, I know 3 families in trouble because of it
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby Ron Evers » Nov 24, 2008 9:51 am

I belong to three woodworking forums & one photography one. I have not been on the woodworking ones much in the last year. However, I have learned a lot on the photo forum since getting my new camera this spring.
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Postby butterfly » Nov 24, 2008 10:00 am

deleted, wrong thread
Cheers Butterfly

butterfly

Postby MareE » Nov 24, 2008 10:23 am

Hey Trailblaze! Have none to recommend but this one which you've already found, thank Dog for the people here. But SOME day when I finally take up quilting landscapey wallhangings, I'll prolly find a forum that will support my newbie status in the art.

MareE;o} been hoarding fabric scraps for Yonkers
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby Trailblaze1 » Nov 24, 2008 10:29 am

I really don't like Facebook either, but my grown-up kids love it. It's not a format I enjoy.
This forum is great, has lovely people in it, and I can endure the silly having to log in every day and even if you leave it for more than 10 minutes.....
,,,,,but there are days when I want to talk about other things, meet more people of many varieties....not that I don't love y'all here!
I live quite an isolated life, and come from the big city of Montreal, so it feels like I am in a very strange land, with farmers, hippies and small-towners. (not that there's anything wrong with that!).

I do miss the variety though. I'm a Gemini, we like lots of dift. things, love change.
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Postby bluebird » Nov 24, 2008 10:47 am

I know what you mean about being isolated Trailblaze....this forum was a lifeline when I previously lived in a rural area and I'll always pop back to visit when I can to visit with the great folks I've met here over the years.

Moving back to my hometown has opened up a lot of new ventures for me so I don't have the time that I used to for sitting at the computer, but I still keep in touch with two bird forums, one mainly about photography and one for keeping track of local Ontario bird sightings.

You might want to check out another forum I sometimes visit...very nice folks there and while the main focus is gardening, they also have nice social forums geared to various interests. gardenbuddies.com....you can google gardenbuddies and that should link you there.
bluebird

Postby butterfly » Nov 24, 2008 11:44 am

That is the forum I used to belong to BB as you know

But I was very much ignored as it i motly American, Germany

Only 2 -3 Canafians and I felt that was the reason for a very strong ignorance

Not friendly as here at all unless you are Ameriican. That is how I felt anyway and certainly they do not open up and chat like we do here about this and that

To me a very cold cold atmosphere

Great bird pic you have there tho BB

Rarely do people post to me here I feel not wanted so you c an imagine how I felt there
Cheers Butterfly

butterfly

Postby bluebird » Nov 24, 2008 11:56 am

I'm sorry to hear that was your experience there BF...not sure why.

I've posted there for many years now and always found the people friendly, generous and informative and have made some very good friends there just like I have on this forum. One lady that I met there lives not far from here and we've become good friends and I've visited her beautiful woodland garden.
Actually, I found it very interesting to learn about gardening and birds in other countries besides North America, but there are plenty of Canadians there too.

I agree that we do not always share the same experience on other forums, but luckily there are many choices out there and everyone will eventually find the right fit.
bluebird

Postby earwig » Nov 24, 2008 5:33 pm

I have lurked on a few but usually aways hang out on CG.

What I have being getting addicted to lately is reading the comments on articles in my paper online or on the CBC news.

A lot of different perspectives and varied opinions are offered and I do see where people respond to others.

There is always a few that should be edited for stupidty, but there is always something that makes me see a different twist on things. Some are sure to make me laugh too.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Next

Return to Over the Garden Fence