Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

So that explains it!

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: So that explains it!

Postby B_BQ » Nov 26, 2008 10:03 am

I think we all breathed a sigh of relief that the latest glitch has been 'fixed'. It seems to me that CG have been sold a very shoddy software package. They obviously believed the developers that this software was something that they could not live without and CG bought into that concept. What do you call software which, if it were a car, would be called a 'lemon'.

William, and others, are doing as good a job as they can given the appalling software they have to work with.

My opinion only!

It seems that Liz in BC and Betty in NS were the only ones who could post, (and maybe Smitty in MB). Isn't that weird?

~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby earwig » Nov 26, 2008 11:20 am

joan w wrote:Betty, what is the UCP button?

This :
User CP
UCP.JPG
UCP.JPG (24.76 KiB) Viewed 1062 times

So if I only see FAQ and Advanced Search I know I may as well log out, disable the acellerator and try again as I will not be able to post.

PS William: I tried it a couple of times both ways as I couldn't believe my good luck. I had started to write a posting on feedback saying thanks for fixing it when the coin droppd that maybe I should wait till the forum was fixed and then try again. Yep!
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Lizcordysmum » Nov 26, 2008 10:41 pm

William Tully, you bring tears of laughter and fond memories to these old eyes...I've been married to a computer whiz for over 43 years...he started out in hardware long ago, much later switched to software...and when you mentioned "a hardware problem" how it did take me back to the days when the "hard" men decried the software, and the "soft" fellers yipped at the "hard men." Was lovely!

And, yes, Betty and I could post, but she'd gone to bed long before me, and was up long before me too. I have no helpful hints for you...when it doesn't work I just swear (quietly, the dogs ARE young enough to learn bad language) and steal home again.

Keep on trying...no one ever won by quitting! Except smokers, dadnabit!
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence