Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Car question for any mechanics out there

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Car question for any mechanics out there

Postby Eeyore » Nov 28, 2008 5:14 pm

I have a Mazda 3 with a 5 speed automatic transmission. At around 1500-1800 RPM I get a fluttering noise. This only happens when I am accelerating or have the gas pedal down at that RPM. It does not happen if I am coasting (ie: not giving the car gas) and it does not happen if the car is in park and I give the car gas up to that RPM.

Is this valve flutter or fuel injector noise and is it something I should take the car in to have it looked at?
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Re: Car question for any mechanics out there

Postby MLady » Nov 28, 2008 9:46 pm

Eeyore I'm not a mechanic, but I showed your post to my hubby. He said that if it only happens when the engine is warm, then it's the flutter valve on the intake manifold and yes you should take it in to be serviced.

Good Luck!
Kathy
Cheers,
Kathy
MLady

Re: Car question for any mechanics out there

Postby Eeyore » Nov 29, 2008 12:42 pm

Thanks Kathy and Kathy's hubby! I'll be calling on Monday. Hubby didn't have any ideas and I was sure someone here would.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Return to Over the Garden Fence